No announcement yet.

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See it's been confirmed the Virtual Console is region locked also. There is no way I want to play PAL N64/SNES games. Nintendo are messing up here with this region locking. Makes getting a US Wii all the more essential.

Comment

Sorry, being living under a rock...

Does the Wii have online servers for games i.e XBOX live, or is it just online to download fromt he Virtual Console etc?

Will the US version work ok over here for online?

Comment

Don't know for either.

For the first question it seems possible that you could play online games over WiiConnect24 but it might be left up to the publishers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kop_007
          Sorry, being living under a rock...

Does the Wii have online servers for games i.e XBOX live, or is it just online to download fromt he Virtual Console etc?

Will the US version work ok over here for online?
          Xbox Live actually uses peer to peer type networking for the most part, so I'd imagine Nintendo would do the same.

It's *possible* a US Wii won't go online from outside the US but that does seem highly unlikely. A US/JP DS will work fine outside online from anywhere in the world, and a US Xbox/Xbox 360 will also work fine abroad.

Comment

I think most people are expecting an online service along the lines of what they did with the DS. It worked well, in a minimalist, feature-lacking manner. But still found it hard to complain.

Comment

But doesn't the US DS connect to EU servers if you're in the UK? I read people on Neogaf saying that it checks your IP and connects you to the relevant server.

Comment

tbh at this stage it's all speculation

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                  Xbox Live actually uses peer to peer type networking for the most part, so I'd imagine Nintendo would do the same.

It's *possible* a US Wii won't go online from outside the US but that does seem highly unlikely. A US/JP DS will work fine outside online from anywhere in the world, and a US Xbox/Xbox 360 will also work fine abroad.
                  Thanks.

The VG+ waiting is killing me....getting a little wrried like most on the thread.

Comment

still tempted to go dvdbo just to get an order in

Comment

I used to order all my stuff rom DVDBO, but their shipping time and customer service got to me in the end.

Will never touch them again...but I know what you mean, you just want to put it out of your head and know you've got an order in.

Comment

DVD box office cant know stock levels i know that for sure, i spoke to someone close to distribution in the states last night, keen to get mine secured, he told me not to contact him until the first week in november when he will know stock levels, this is why VG plus have a delay they just dont know stock.

Comment

Never had problems with DVDBO here.. they even handled a duff Scrubs DVD return nicely for me. I put my Wii order in early with them so hopefully I'll be good come November. If theres any problem going online and stuff I might just ebay it for a PAL one..

Comment

Has anyone else had an email from YesAsia about pre-ordering a US Wii ? If you pre-order, you get a $20 coupon to use for your purchase & a free shipping upgrade. I haven't read through the full terms & conditions yet. I've 'pre-registered', although I'm still hoping to go the VG+ route.
                            Last edited by The Glider; 04-10-2006, 13:48.

Comment

Yeah, got mine and "pre-registered" for all 4 options. Still gonna order one from VG+ the second it becomes available though.

Comment

Hi there,

Can anyone please tell the advantages of getting a US wii over the UK one? Apart from the waiting factor ofcourse and the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X