No announcement yet.

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbh by the time you import, pay the postage and get stung for customs the price of the machine will be about the same as a u.k one i should imagine.

I assume the games will be cheaper to import so there may be that saving long term.

The reason i am importing is
    a) the waiting for new game releases is less
    b) most of my cube games are US

Comment

Not sure about next gen but with this gen most pal games have had poor conversion in terms of 720p etc.

Comment

Whenever I get a Wii, I'll be getting a US one no matter what even if it works out more expensive, because we all know how much Nintendo Europe hate us!

Comment

This is becoming a bit of a farce with VG+ now. Beginning to wonder if they'll have their pre-order section up before the Wii actually ships....

Comment

They must have a good reason for the delay.

Can anyone remember how many weeks the 360 preorders were up on the site before the console was launched?

Comment

From what I can gather basicly VG+(and other companies) are waiting until there allocation is confirmed while other companies are taking pre-orders and hoping they allocation covers it.

Comment

DVD BO are taking pre-orders at ?136 plus postage, postage works out at ?32 by dhl, total incl shipping is ?168 delivered.

How good are dvd bo as I have heard some horror stories in the past but they are ok with pre-orders?

See here

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6
                  DVD BO are taking pre-orders at ?136 plus postage, postage works out at ?32 by dhl, total incl shipping is ?168 delivered.

How good are dvd bo as I have heard some horror stories in the past but they are ok with pre-orders?

See here
                  They've always been fine with preorders for me, I've actually ordered a Wii with them, but they started their Wii preorders a couple of weeks ago now so I wouldn't expect much joy if you ordered now.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
                    They've always been fine with preorders for me, I've actually ordered a Wii with them, but they started their Wii preorders a couple of weeks ago now so I wouldn't expect much joy if you ordered now.
                    They were ok with games for me...but I predorded both a Gamecube and a DS and 2 months after launch I ended up cancelling the order.

A true horror story. Swore I'd never touch them after being burnt twice on console launches (I said the same thing about consoles from PLAY.COM as well after their 360 fiaso).

I ending up getting my USA Gamecube (premodded) from eBay and never got a DS in the end.

Comment

Import madness: http://www.importmadness.co.uk/cgi-b..._Number=400027
                      Anyone going to risk it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stakers
                        Import madness: http://www.importmadness.co.uk/cgi-b..._Number=400027
                        Anyone going to risk it?

Are they easy to cancel with and do they take money on shipping of the item?

Comment

why oh why do none of these sites have the component cable to order? Or does the USA unit come with one in it.

Comment

Import madness i wouldnt risk it, because like i said before they cant know stock levels which again is why VG+ arent taking pre orders yet.

Comment

I used to spend thousands of pounds (no exaggeration) with DVD Box Office. I hade 3 large orders in a row that never got delivered. They made me wait 2 months in case they randomly turned up, then when they didn't, I had to wait a further 2 months for a refund of over ?400. In this time I had already resigned myself to the fact that they would never turn up, and had already ordered the same items from somewhere else (VG+). I have bought everything exclusively from them for over 2 years now. The shipping charges have gone up a little, and the games are creeping up in price as they become more popular, but they are still reliable. I am hoping to get my Wii from them. They managed to get me a 360 on launch (although it broke after 4 months, and I got stung on customs charges). I trust them to get me a Wii on launch as they haven't failed me before.

Import Madness (from my friends and my own experiences, are rubbish).

Comment

ive said this many a times and ill say agin, i brought a DVD from DVDboxoffice and it took9 months to turn up. lol!

nuff said!

Comment

Working...
                                X