US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was the first (and last) time I will use em tbh

I don't mind them having supply issues and having to wait (ala vg+), however, I do expect truthful expectations and no bull**** cpnflicting stories.

Videogamesplus all the way from now on for me

Comment

Ditto, although I got a Wii in the end I feel silly for cancelling my VG+ order.
      If VG+ were to reopen Wii preorders and I could still cancel the IM one, I'd do it just out of principle.

Comment

Well, heathrow seems to be my nearest deopt. I live nearby london so I can't see why it won't turn up tomorrow, yeeahaw

bit weird how it left heathrow and then came back must be due to it being sunday or it's a different facility in heathrow.

Originally posted by DHL
        December 03, 2006 10:23 London-Heathrow - UK Departed from DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK

December 03, 2006 10:45 London-Heathrow - UK Arrived at DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel
          it was stated that when the bundles were sent out (with so many Wii's in each) if someoen cancelled their order... the whole bundle was delayed. so you might be lucky, you might not. mine was in a bundle that did not have any cancelled.
          Have we seen any evidence that there was a bundle that got shipped through without delays? Since nobody has seen a tracking number or had anything other than a *probably* bogus shipping email, it doesn't seem likely.

Import Madness seem to chat so much straight bull**** that it's not even worth speaking to them... not that you even get through when you call. They don't return messages and don't answer or acknowledge emails. This has got to be one of the worst companies I've had the displeasure of dealing with, even worse is the fact that I used my debit card which could make getting my money back that much harder if they decide to screw us (even more).

Comment

It's sad to see some things never change, I used em' once a couple years ago. Paid for DHL shipping and the game arrived a week later (it was Capcom vs SNK 2 on XBox) via regular Royal Mail.

Vowed never again to use that cowboy outfit. It's ashame to see that some things don't change.

Comment

IM do pick up sometimes and refund when you email them straight away.

But getting goods to you and order enquiries they seem to be useless at.

If I dont get a tracking number tonight. Im telling my CC company its a fraudulent transaction.

I honestly have had enough.

Derek told me mine went through without a hitch (We'll see).

And on the invoice itll prove if or not when it was shipped to me adn see when it was really dispatched...

Comment

I ordered from YesAsia and then got a notice saying my order was On Hold pending credit card verification. It was 14 hours later when they actually got back to me to request a scan of my card. It's odd because I've ordered from them many times before and never had a problem. I even called up my card company to make sure there was no problem and they said they hadn't requested extra verification.

In the meantime, items I ordered have gone from being 'In Stock' and ready to ship in 1-2 days to being expected in 7-14 days. I'm hoping they'd have the good sense to have put those in stock items aside from me when the order went on hold and I've had nothing but good service from them in the past but, with the time difference, I won't know now probably until late this evening if that order is going to ship at all.

It's a bit pox really seeing as I'm paying a premium to get those items. If I'd known there was a problem, I would have just bought a 360 yesterday. Really, I was just in the mood for a new games console. Zelda won out but if I have to wait more than a week for it I can't be bothered.

Anyone know what the procedure is for On Hold orders in Yesasia? Will they have put those items aside or will they just start the order from scratch, meaning those items will go to 7-14 days which, in turn, will have me cancel the order?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
                  Anyone know what the procedure is for On Hold orders in Yesasia? Will they have put those items aside or will they just start the order from scratch, meaning those items will go to 7-14 days which, in turn, will have me cancel the order?
                  Not sure, but you won't be able to cancel that Wii order. That's one of the drawbacks with YA - they discount most of their games by a small amount and they have a policy of no cancellations on discounted items.
                  Pain in the ass sometimes.

Comment

I'd cancel it from my card company. The items I ordered were In Stock and ready to ship in 1-2 days. That was the item description of what I ordered. If YA didn't put those items aside, they'd have changed the order. Not me.

Comment

they do put them aside. happened to me before... with a PSP

Comment

Ah, that's great news. As I said, I've had nothing but great service from them in the past so I was hoping that would be the case. Thanks for easing my mind.

Comment

no worries

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
                            I ordered from YesAsia and then got a notice saying my order was On Hold pending credit card verification. It was 14 hours later when they actually got back to me to request a scan of my card. It's odd because I've ordered from them many times before and never had a problem. I even called up my card company to make sure there was no problem and they said they hadn't requested extra verification.

In the meantime, items I ordered have gone from being 'In Stock' and ready to ship in 1-2 days to being expected in 7-14 days. I'm hoping they'd have the good sense to have put those in stock items aside from me when the order went on hold and I've had nothing but good service from them in the past but, with the time difference, I won't know now probably until late this evening if that order is going to ship at all.

It's a bit pox really seeing as I'm paying a premium to get those items. If I'd known there was a problem, I would have just bought a 360 yesterday. Really, I was just in the mood for a new games console. Zelda won out but if I have to wait more than a week for it I can't be bothered.

I had this crap with them. Cancelled -went to Play Asia -my Wii arrived about two days later. I think they still have them and are cheaper than YA.

Comment

Can anyone confirm for me if the Wii games PlayAsia are selling are the Canadian versions with duel languages on the covers or the US versions.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 1P_King
                                Can anyone confirm for me if the Wii games PlayAsia are selling are the Canadian versions with duel languages on the covers or the US versions.

Thanks
                                I got Zelda from PlayAsia and it was the US version.

Comment

Working...
                                X