No announcement yet.

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just caved in and got one of Ebay. The thought of not playing Zelda on Chrsitmas day and all the Wii adverts on TV were making me go stir crazy.

Just a quick question for those that did the same whats the best shipping to go for to make sure it arrives next week?

Comment

UPS, FedEx, DHL and all other express couriers; it usually takes three working days to get the parcel to your home, from almost anywhere in the world. They will handle custom costs and you'll pay directly to them when the item arrives at your home (or so that's what they do here in Italy)

Comment

arrgg number #6 on vg+ list ... best i can hope is it ships next week ... even then it would be damn lucky if it makes it here for christmas ... such a tough decision ... i think i may have to turn to ebay ... but its seems crazy to spend extra 100+ pounds for the sake of a few days ... but then no zelda on christmas day would be unthinkable ...

Comment

#23 on vg+ list now, the race to christmas begins!

Comment

Originally posted by slowdiagonal
            arrgg number #6 on vg+ list ... best i can hope is it ships next week ... even then it would be damn lucky if it makes it here for christmas ... such a tough decision ... i think i may have to turn to ebay ... but its seems crazy to spend extra 100+ pounds for the sake of a few days ... but then no zelda on christmas day would be unthinkable ...
            Ebay isn't the end of the world. Got Wii + Zelda + extra controller for $485, shipping and paypal on top of that to come but at todays ex rates i'm pleased with that.

Can anyone tell me if Wii Play comes with the extra controller in the US? Or is it the extra nunchuck.

Just got to find a place to get trauma centre and rayman and i'm all done.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Bob
              Can anyone tell me if Wii Play comes with the extra controller in the US? Or is it the extra nunchuck.

Just got to find a place to get trauma centre and rayman and i'm all done.
              Not too sure about what comes with play in the US but I can deffo recomend Videogamesplus.com for the games. Ordered a few for my Wi / DS on Sat and they're out in the UK for delivery today. Oh and they have 2000 wii points for use on your V.C of which they'll mail you the code at ?13.27, bargain !!.

Comment

?13.27 for 2000 wii points is not a bargain, i just bought 2000 on my card for ?10.30 , so you can save ?9 on 6000 points.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas
                  ?13.27 for 2000 wii points is not a bargain, i just bought 2000 on my card for ?10.30 , so you can save ?9 on 6000 points.
                  Seemed like as good deal to me but I stand corrected . Care to share with us where that was from and did they mail them to you as I need some for as soon as my Wii (finally, curse you USPS!!) arrives.

Comment

Probably bought on card via the console itself. As I understand it that's the cheapest way?

Comment

yes bought on the console, of course if the exchange rate changes they will cost more in the future, ive just bought 20,000 points while the rate is sky high.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas
                        yes bought on the console, of course if the exchange rate changes they will cost more in the future, ive bouth 20,000 points while the rate is sky high.
                        Ah nice one. I didn't realise that it could be done that way, thanks for pointing it and and hell am I glad I didn't go for the one on Ebay that had 8000 point with it for ?80 than the one that had none, phew !!

Comment

Number 36 on the VG+ list.

Patience is a virtue...

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky
                            UPS, FedEx, DHL and all other express couriers; it usually takes three working days to get the parcel to your home, from almost anywhere in the world. They will handle custom costs and you'll pay directly to them when the item arrives at your home (or so that's what they do here in Italy)
                            Guy came back to me with UPS Global Service at $185!! Even by my poor maths this seems a little high. What did other fellow Ebay'ers pay for shipping (console+game+remote) and do you think i can argue this cost?

Comment

That's ridiculous. I paid CAD$152 for a PS3 + 2 games which is ?67. That's a hell of a lot heavier then a Wii, I reckon he's trying to make a bit of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Bob
                                Guy came back to me with UPS Global Service at $185!! Even by my poor maths this seems a little high. What did other fellow Ebay'ers pay for shipping (console+game+remote) and do you think i can argue this cost?
                                It's about ?90 which in turn is probably about right to be honest if it's going to be quick (ie 3 / 4 days). I only paid ?26 but it's going by USPS, has so far taken 5 days and I'm expecting it to take around 5 to 10 more yet. Take a look on their website (UPSs) if you're not too sure about the charges.

Comment

Working...
                                X