No announcement yet.

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems mine turned up at my mums house around 5:30, so i'll have to pick it up tomorrow.
    apparently theres a sticker on it saying it did go to leeds by mistake, and had to be sent to sheffield before finally being delivered. the good news is that it looks like theres no customs duty to pay. it was marked as a competition prize, valued at $20 canadian.

just have to keep my fingers crossed when i finally plug it in tommorrow... if those updates are still needed even.

Comment

Well mines shipped and on its way across the Atlantic....hurray!

So, touch wood, we'll be looking at Sat if I'm lucky (do DHL deliver at the wkend?) or if not Mon.

Can't wait...

Comment

And my brother's still waiting for his to be shipped

Comment

Really, that's odd. Tell him to mail Sidney and ask what's going on, he's most helpful. Has he not even had a shipped mail from vg+...?

Also check the shipping info didn't get sent to his junk mail folder as my mail from dhl with the tracking number did. Should land here tonight, get processed tomorrow and be here Sat or Mon.

Can you tell I'm excited...lol...?

Comment

He has a student email account where he doesn't have access to the spam folder, so 10 minutes after he ordered the Wii, I gave him a gmail-account so he changed his VGP-username to his new gmail-address and sent a mail to VGP asking them to combine orders (he ordered Wii and controller separate) and to re-send the order confirmation to his gmail-account. He sent the email on Saturday evening, but no response. VGP has withdrawn the money from his bank account so I sent them an email as well earlier today. Neither of us have heard anything so far.

Comment

Hmm, well I mailed them straight after I'd ordered on Sat and got a reply on Mon.

I reckon they must have mailed yr bro's old acc, I assume he got a purchase receipt straight after he ordered, where did that go to...?

I'm sure it'll be fine, vg+ are usually excellent. I reckon it's gonna turn up out of the blue in the next few days and yr bro will ring up happy as larry. Well lets hope so anyway...

Failing all that, give 'em a call maybe...?

p.s. Mine just landed at East Midlands and so maybe it'll turn up tomorrow and I'm out most of the day...bloody typical!

Comment

It seems VG+ has had some problem with servers (that's what they said in their response email), but now my brother's Wii has shipped yay

Comment

Excellent news, all's well that ends well or so they say...

My did turn up whilst I was out yesterday so legged it home and then across town to Docklands to the depot. Was touch and go for a mo trying to get through rush hour traffic at the Blackwall Tunnel but made it with 5mins to spare thx god! Then proceeded to go out with my good lady and get wrecked, so today will be the day, maybe after I've got rid of my hangover...lol!

Comment

Goddamn, can you believe it...?

I got a duff av cable with mine. Booted it all, fine, then pics colour starts go and gets a bit fuzzy and now just get a clear b&w pic, most odd!

Tried my old Q and its basic red/white/yellow connections and works fine in colour so I'm assuming it must be the Wii av lead.

Anyone else care to back that up or tell me what's up...?

Comment

Just received an email from DVDboxoffice saying the Wii I ordered some 3 months ago has finally been shipped. Bit pissed off as I managed to get a US Wii ages ago and forgot all about the one I had on order. Thank heavens for eBay.

Comment

Anyone know how much the VG+ Wii package inc Zelda is..? I'm thinking of trading in my UK one, and ordering another from them when I have a chance...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesking420 View Post
                          Anyone know how much the VG+ Wii package inc Zelda is..? I'm thinking of trading in my UK one, and ordering another from them when I have a chance...
                          Mine came to ?196 including delivery.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

oh ffs i keep checking VG+ and this is the 4th time i've missed out, only to see some c**t on ebay selling a brand new one from "USA, Canada" gee i wonder where that came from

ARGHHHH

Comment

I know what you mean. As soon as I check the site it's all gone. I just checked Amazon.com and they have "second hand" Wii's by the truckload. The cheapest one was going for $395 (US).

You need to have some serieus patient for the joy of playing a video game.

Comment

Working...
                                X