No announcement yet.

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm amazed US Wiis are still out of stock! Madness. Either Nintendo really messed up production or they have a crazy DS style hit on their hands.

Comment

Well according to Nintendo, they've sold 3.19 million Wiis and manufactired 4 million Wiis. Hit!

Comment

Can I just ask if the Brazil credit card trick still works?

If so, what is it?

Also, is it cheaper than buying 2000 points from VG+.

Gonna get Mario Kart and that's it. I draw the line there...

Comment

Originally posted by Kop_007 View Post
          Can I just ask if the Brazil credit card trick still works?

If so, what is it?

Also, is it cheaper than buying 2000 points from VG+.

Gonna get Mario Kart and that's it. I draw the line there...
          Yes, you just set your region to Brazil and fill in your details even your real post code if you wish.

Comment

Yes, it works, and you simply set your system country to Brazil then buy points.

Comment

Have had my eyes closed to this Wii business but i'll prob take the plunge on a U.S one when they become freely available. Would someone be kind enough to just answer a couple of quick questions (that i'm sure have been covered ad infinitum, but that's a lot of pages to read back through)

1. By getting a U.S Wii i assume all Virtual Console games i download will be 60hz?
              2. Is it easy enough to set up wirelessly, anfd are there any probs associated with using a U.S Wii here in the uk? (still easy enough to download virtual console games etc etc)
              3. I have a lot of U.S Cube games. If i hook my Wii up via component will those that are prog scan play in prog scan on the Wii, and will those that aren't still display ok through the Wii via a component cable?

Thanks.

Comment

I guess I can answer the 2 first ones.

1) Yes, you'll get the US versions of all games

2) I use an Airport Express for my wireless network. My Wii found it and connected to it without a problem so I guess you should be fine if you have a wireless connection in your home.

Comment

3) All GC games work exactly as they should. 480i as default, and those that support 480p will work in 480p. You don't even have to manually enable it on the Wii, either.

Comment

Cheers gents

Comment

Well at least they're cheaper now. My Wii with Zelda, Excite Truck and second remote came to $771.80. Then I had to pay the import charge. Which they got wrong and then never had to pay. Odd that.

Comment

Can I ask when US Virtual Console is updated?

I'm waiting for Mario Kart, and I'm up all night anyway for the Royal Rumble (no, really), so I want to jump on it as soon as possible.

Will it be something like 6am GMT?

Thanks

Thanks as well for the replys about Brazil.

Comment

5pm UK Time on Mondays I think.

Comment

Can someone reccomend another decent shop to import from other than VideoGamesPlus.ca or have I just sold my Pal Wii at the worst possible time...
                            Last edited by Kit; 29-01-2007, 14:57.

Comment

Why what's coming out?

Comment

I'm assuming he was hoping to be able to pick up a US Wii with minimal fuss. Which isn't the case at the moment, obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X