UK Wii pre-orders Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shozuki
    sorry to ask so many questions but are the NTSC consoles cheaper?

The US Wii works out at about ?135, but once you factor in shipping and possible tax it won't really be much cheaper overall.

Comment

?133ish for the US one with Wii Sports and ?113ish for the JPN one without Wii Sports.

Comment

thanks for the help guys - chances are i'll take zelda on the GC and purchase a Wii probably around Mario Galaxy's release....

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear
          Yeah but i wouldn't want to be expected to dish out ?20 and be told that i might not get one.
          Exactly, they should sort out their allocation before they start pre orders MIO, fair enough it's good business sense to get as many people in as possible but ?20 is a bit too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy
            Exactly, they should sort out their allocation before they start pre orders MIO, fair enough it's good business sense to get as many people in as possible but ?20 is a bit too much.
            The ?20 is fully refundable though

Comment

I've just ordered mine from Hmv.co.uk for ?161.99 as it appears to have given me my NUS? (Odd as I thought this DOESN'T apply to hardware?) Does anyone know if they send consoles out via courier or just standard post? Would prefer one for launch day however if it saves me nearly ?20 I'll keep my order with them.

Comment

I've put down my ?20 deposit at the local Gamestation and I am 26th on the pre-order list so I doubt I'll get one at launch but I'm not too fussed, there are lots of other games coming out for the PS2 and DS to keep me occupied as well as all those GC games I still haven't played (looks at copy of Baten Kaitos).

Comment

Originally posted by spikecast
                  I've just ordered mine from Hmv.co.uk for ?161.99 as it appears to have given me my NUS? (Odd as I thought this DOESN'T apply to hardware?) Does anyone know if they send consoles out via courier or just standard post? Would prefer one for launch day however if it saves me nearly ?20 I'll keep my order with them.
                  You'll get an email saying that they will have to charge full price as NUS is not applicable on hardware. They'll then give you the option of going ahead at full price or cancelling your order.

Comment

Cheers, just seems a bit odd that it gives you it then they email you, quite a poor system really!

Comment

Well, I placed my pre-order (7th in line) at the weekend with good old HMV, (who I got a great deal from for my 360... which I'm now stranegly thinking of selling seeing as the Wii is finally on the way...), and was asked to give a ?30 deposit... though apparently this covers ?30 toward any game of your choice when you pick up the machine. Undoubtedly they'll have some bundle deals like they had with the 360, so could work out quite well. Hopefully they'll do the 10% off the total price if you use 'their' card, like they did with the 360 when I bought it... (I got the 360 premium, wireless adapter, PGR3, Kameo, PD0 for ?400 on launch day... with HMVs rip off ?50 a pop software prices...)...

Though, the decent member of staff pointed out to me that on their system at present, Wii software titles were priced at... wait for it... ?50! Yeah, right... don't think I'll be picking up many games from there unless that changes sharpish... ?50 for a Wii game?! You're avin a larf!

Comment

Originally posted by ryodi
                        I've put down my ?20 deposit at the local Gamestation and I am 26th on the pre-order list so I doubt I'll get one at launch but I'm not too fussed, there are lots of other games coming out for the PS2 and DS to keep me occupied as well as all those GC games I still haven't played (looks at copy of Baten Kaitos).
                        Nintendo did state they intend to have "plenty" at launch, I know when GC came out, our branch of currys got about 30-40 cubes and had 3 pre orders. I'm guessing dedicated game stores would have received more so if Nintendo are being truthfull (which it would be greatly in their interest to be onsidering theres less competition atm) then even 26th shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone know how many Xbox 360s on average stores seemed to get last year?

Comment

I just put my name down at Gamestation, I'm 11th in line so hopefully I'll get one at launch. I've also got an order on play, but god knows where I am on the list there.
                          Scared to cancel the play order though (just in case).

Comment

I'll prolly try HMV tomorrow or wednesday. If not GameStation or GAME.

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
                              Anyone know how many Xbox 360s on average stores seemed to get last year?
                              My local Dixons down here in Exeter got 30 Premiums and 3 Cores (along with a few accessories, controllers etc). All of the consoles were snapped up on pre-order.

Comment

Plumped for a PAL Wii cause I was worried about VC being compatible across regions. I'm sure those fears are unfounded but I just hope that Nintendo don't let us PAL gamers down this time.

Ordered at HMV.co.uk.

Comment

Working...
                                X