Importers: Firmware update and trouble shooting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyler
    So am I the only person on here with a bricked Wii? VG+ want ?70.00 to get me a new one so does anyone know the Nintendo support number so I can see if they'll help me instead.

That's bad news mate! Nintendo of America's support line is:

+001-800-255-3700

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase
      Just tried it now and it accepted my credit card! I only bought 2000 points so once the $20 price shows up in my credit card statement I will report how much this really cost. I would expect it to be about ?11 or so (much better than the ?15 I had to spend a few days ago on eBay to buy a card code!!)

To validate the credit card it only asks for the postcode (and it does say post code not ZIP now) - aside from that it is just the cc number, expiry date and 3 digit security code which is needed.
      Just to confirm I have no problems with my credit card company doing this. (Using Brazil has my home country that is) 2000 Wii Points cost me ?10.61 when it showed up in my CC statements a few days later - Woohoo!

Comment

Also cost me ?10.61

Bought Bonk & Bomberman with 800 points to spare.

Thanks to DCharlie for sharing this info.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase

That's bad news mate! Nintendo of America's support line is:

+001-800-255-3700
          Thanks, just spoke to NOA CS and they can't help me without a US address, twunts. UK customer service can't help at all as they won't know what a Wii is until the 8th Dec apparently.

So I'm still in limbo over what's going to happen with my Wii.

Comment

Ack proper nightmare, tyler. Sorry to hear it. Is the entire machine knackered? Or is it just the online section which doesn't work?

I'm not 100% on this error code business and I won't be taking my Wii online until the ethernet adaptor is released but i'd like to know how to prevent the wii from bricking

Comment

Originally posted by tyler
              Thanks, just spoke to NOA CS and they can't help me without a US address, twunts. UK customer service can't help at all as they won't know what a Wii is until the 8th Dec apparently.

So I'm still in limbo over what's going to happen with my Wii.
              Sign up to www.myus.com , they are a shipping forwarding agent that give you a US Address in Bradenton, FL. It will cost you, but it's less than the cost of a new Wii.

Comment

Ok, I've got that pain in the arse Wifi Max Dongle and i'm stumped. Searched for access points and found the said Dongle. Started downloading an update, got to about 95% (roughly) then came up with a connection error. Grrrrr. Think the signal was too weak or something.

Anyway, Wii still ok and now in the options it's version 2.0U.

Not panicking as I can't bloody get my DS to work with it either (only sometimes).

The error code i'm getting is the 502030 one (or something like that) which just states that it can't connect to the net (fails the connection test).

I'm hopefully getting a proper router but just a heads up....DON'T by WIFI Max.

Comment

Hey all enjoying my wii from Yes Asia. Gona try the update tom and wanted to ask a few qtions

1. How many updates are there now and what do they do, i read about the Wii channles thing for internet access and copying to SD cards - anything else?

2. I can setup my Netgear WGT624 wirless router but what value should i enter under MTU for setting up a manual connection?

3. When is the best time to do this update? less network traffic/congestion?

Thx

Comment

In answer to Q1, the first update was on a disc included with early systems. If you had no disc in the box, then it was already installed. Second update will occur as soon as you go online. There is now a third update I believe if you wish to buy stuff for the VC to fix a number of bugs people were using to get around paying for the games.
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Is anyone actually known to have one of those update discs? It's the first I've heard of their existence.

Comment

I'm still worried every time I buy a VC game for my US console. What happens if our Wii breaks? I want to get a massive collection of VC games but if it buggers then we are buggered!

Comment

Originally posted by Selix
                          I'm still worried every time I buy a VC game for my US console. What happens if our Wii breaks? I want to get a massive collection of VC games but if it buggers then we are buggered!
                          Pretty much. Nintendo will help for people who have buggered consoles to retain their VC games, but you'd have to send your Wii to a mate in the US.
                          I can see myself buying Wii spares if mine broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                            Pretty much. Nintendo will help for people who have buggered consoles to retain their VC games, but you'd have to send your Wii to a mate in the US.
                            I can see myself buying Wii spares if mine broke.
                            I suppose by the time they start to break there should be some kind of unofficial repair service we can use. Anyway I know we've heard about faulty consoles out of the box but I've not heard anyone who has had a console which worked on day one and then randomly break a week later.
                            Last edited by MarioMark; 04-12-2006, 21:38.

Comment

I suppose by the time they start to break there should be some kind of unofficial repair service we can use.
                              I'm sure us forumers could band together and split the costs of a shipping agent "subscription". Hope NoA wouldn't mind sending them all to one address though!

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
                                I'm sure us forumers could band together and split the costs of a shipping agent "subscription". Hope NoA wouldn't mind sending them all to one address though!
                                I've just checked the link you posted a couple of posts up. I suppose we could try something like that if we ever needed to?

Comment

Working...
                                X