Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What bargains have you picked up? (The Bragging Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roddie
    the guy in shop tried to tell me it wasn't worthwhile cos it only works with pso, i was like "umm, no actually", i tried to explain to him that they could be used for networking but then he told me you couldnt play those lan games online (obviously didn't know about warp pipe either), i eventually said to him that "i know what i'm buying, please can i just buy it?!", he then quite correctly stated "you probably know more about it than me."

after fumbling about in the shop window he asked "is it this one you want?", so i just excitedly replied with "all of them! i want all of them!".

was convinced they would tell me it was a pricing error at the till
    Ahh the BBA has so many uses (^_^)

Do you.....

A) Use it with the 9 gamecube games that its compatible with
    B) Use it for dodgy illicit pirate stuff
    C) Whack it on ebay for an obscene profit

The choice is yours

Comment

well i already have a qoob chip, and as tempting as it is to sell them for obscene profit, i think i'll go with option A!

according to warp pipe different region games are compatible with each other, but it must do some sort of region stripping itself because i already tried connecting a jap kirby air ride to usa one, but no luck guess i'm just gonna have to buy some doubles now; anyone got a spare copy of the jap 1080 2?
      Last edited by Roddie; 03-06-2006, 23:36.

Comment

Lol, Kirby's Air Ride is actually a laugh over a LAN. Shame it's pretty dire in other departments though eh!

Comment

Originally posted by importaku
          HOLY **** ?2.99 thats mental
          pretty sure gamestation at crossgates has these for at least under ?5...

Comment

I hit the jackpot. A guy in the local paper was selling a PAL copy of bangai-O for the Dreamcast. I called him up and casually asked if he had any other Dreamcast games he wanted to sell.

$250 (AUS) later - about 100 pounds - I had picked up the following... Oh yeah, they're all PAL and in mint condition.

Street Fighter Alpha 3
            Marvel vs Capcom
            Marvel Vs Capcom 2
            Shenmue
            Bangai-O
            Mars Matrix (US)
            Skies Of Arcadia
            Street Fighter III: Double Impact
            Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
            Power Stone
            Capcom vs SNK
            Soul Calibur
            Guilty Gear X
            Grandia II
            King Of Fighters Evolution (US)
            King of Fighters 2000 (JAP)
            Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves (US Release)
            Hydro Thunder
            Daytona USA 2001
            Shadow Man
            F355 Challenge: Passione Rossa
            Super Magnetic Neo
            Rayman 2: The great Escape
            The House of the Dead
            Hidden and Dangerous
            Zombie Revenge
            Crazy Taxi
            Crazy Taxi 2
            Speed Devils
            Midway's Greastest Arcade Hits
            Resident Evil Code Veronica
            Virtua Fighter 3: Tournament Battle
            Virtual ON: Oratorio Tangram (US)
            Soldier of Fortune (US)
            Dynamite Cop
            JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
            LeMan's 24 hours Ultimate Endurance challenge
            Vigilante 8: 2nd offense
            Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
            Dragon's Blood
            Rush 2049
            Ecco The Dolphin: Defender of the Future
            Tokyo Highway Challenge
            Toy Commander
            Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
            Dead or Alive 2
            Metropolis Street Racer
            MDK 2
            Legacy of Kain:Soul Reaver
            Jet Set Radio
            Red Dog

Other stuff:
            DC Arcade Stick (Steel, Chrome plated, **** off large)
            4 X misc fighting game control pads
            DC controller Adaptor for PS2 Games
            DC VGA Adapter for Monitors
            VM unit

I'm going to be very busy this weekend.

Comment

Two for one in Game

Two for one in Game - got two Psychonauts on the Xbox in A1 condition for ?9.99, then sold one immediately for ?8. How did I do?

8)

Comment

I've got an Xbox 360 premium for free, (well swapped for an old surround system i had spare) all i had to do was send it off to MS to get it fixed. I've also managed to wangle a Dell 2407WFP for free as well Our account manager threw one in as a freebie because we bought so much gear

Comment

My first post in this thread and hopefully not my last

In my attempt to buy every PAL released Dreamcast game for less than £5 each (lol) I managed to bag Grandia 2 and Skies Of Arcadia from a French Ebayer for £12 delivered.

A pound each over my limit, but you cant complain, especially when they are both UK PAL games and the seller had bought them in the UK and then taken his collection to France when he moved

Comment

I managed to buy gunstar heroes-20p and sonic 3d £2 i have loads more but nbothing to recent

Comment

I got a set of component leads from Game for 48 pence yesterday.

Comment

In early/mid '05 I picked up GC Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Zero and Prince Of Persia:The Sands of Time (PS2) at 3 for £10 in a Cash Converters-style shop. Both Resi games were minty mint and even had the full-price receipts in the cases!

This was shortly after I'd just eBayed my copy of Resi 4 for £27 and I was missing playing it madly.

Yep, POP:Sands Of Time was in pretty average condition, but was more the icing on a very nice Resi cake.

Comment

Managed to bag a ZX80 for 20p a few years ago.....from a local tip!

Comment

I got a sealed Scratch Viewtiful J0e JPN DS shipped for £3.70.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                            X