Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Codejunkies' New Freeloader definatley does work on a PAL Wii!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booted Japanese version of Soul Caliber II the other day, works fine with the new Freeloader on Wii.

Comment

Well, I have some good and some bad news. First the bad news. All games simply don't work directly with new Freeloader. Main reason is that some games have rather ****ed-up code and check region *again* after booting. Cube's bios has Freeloader's (PAL) region on its memory and it represents it to game. Code naturally can't understand what it sees, outputs error message and crashes.

Good news is that you can circumvent this problem by booting your *old* Freeloader (or Action Replay) with new Freeloader, and boot game that didn't work. You might be wondering why this actually helps? Simply because when correctly booted, old Freeloader sets value again to value that works with all games.

I find it rather amazing that Datel didn't notice possibility of this when they created new disc*. Fortunately this problem can be easily fixed and I would recommend everyone to wait for new version.

* This is especially true as it took about 10 secs for *me* to understand what caused the problems.
      Last edited by elkatas; 23-01-2007, 20:43.

Comment

Jesus.

Luckily I still have my FL 1.06b as well as the new one

I'll check waverace tomorrow night !

Comment

So the link earlier in the thread:

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          CLICK HERE for more info on which one to buy.
          Is now defunct?

Comment

Lol. FL v1.0f anyone?
            I think that quote was more useful.

Look, stop messing about with PAL stuff and Freeloader. It's clearly never going to work properly. It never has and probably never will. Get a US Wii and then you can play JPN GC games with any version of Freeloader.

Comment

Get a US Wii and then you can play JPN GC games with any version of Freeloader.
              Actually, not. My friend can confirm that US Wii / Freeloader combo has serious problems playing many japanese and european games that worked with US Cube. With European games main problem seems to be converting 50 hz signal to 60 hz signal, but I can't really say why JPN games have problems.

Furthermore, saying that Euro Freeloader "is never going to work properly" is interesting statement that borderlines sheer ignorance. Freeloader worked perfectly for about 98 percent of time with only three *important* games not working*. And new Freeloader suffers only from Datel's brain fart, and can be easily fixed.

* Donkey Konga 1, 2 and 3. I wouldn't count either Chaos Field or Paper Mario 2 as a important titles, as you can get working US versions.
              Last edited by elkatas; 24-01-2007, 09:38.

Comment

Do you guys not own a Cube? They're about £20 from Gamestation

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie View Post
                  Do you guys not own a Cube? They're about ?20 from Gamestation
                  It just would be so nice to have less consoles connected on TV at same time.

Comment

I think that quote was more useful.

Look, stop messing about with PAL stuff and Freeloader. It's clearly never going to work properly. It never has and probably never will. Get a US Wii and then you can play JPN GC games with any version of Freeloader.
                    Ouch. I have a US Wii but want to play my UK gamecubes games on it, if that's wrong, then I don't want to be right

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                      Freeloader worked perfectly for about 98 percent of time
                      Once it had gone through 1.4, 1.6b, 1.6B (and 1.8?) yes. For people that started at 1.4, it was a pain in the arse. What's to say more problems won't arise next time around (based on previous experience)?

Comment

Hi,

I decided to test how well my new 1.05E works in practice. From my collection, only two games didn't boot correctly. Here is full list of tested games:

Works

Densetsu no Quiz (JPN)
                        Kururin Squash (JPN)
                        Nintendo Puzzle Collection (JPN)
                        P.N.03 (JPN)
                        Baten Kaitos (USA)
                        Baten Kaitos: Origins (USA)
                        Battalion Wars (USA)
                        Beyond Good & Evil (USA)
                        Chibi-Robo (USA)
                        Killer 7 (USA)
                        Legend of Zelda: Collectors Disc, the (USA)
                        Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, the (USA)
                        Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (USA)
                        Mario Power Tennis (USA)
                        Mega Man X Collection (USA)
                        Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (USA)
                        Midway Arcade Treasures (USA)
                        Resident Evil 4 (USA)
                        Skies of Arcadia: Legends (USA)
                        Super Monkey Ball 2 (USA)
                        Tales of Symphonia (USA)
                        Timesplitters 2 (USA)
                        Viewtiful Joe 2 (USA)

Doesn't work

Army Men: Real Time Strategy (USA)
                        Geist (USA)

My Freeloader crashed twice on boot. I couldn't use old Freeloader to test unworking titles, because I had borrowed it to my brother.

Comment

Working...
                        X