No announcement yet.

Crackdown Demo Xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really interested to see how big the other 2 districts are, the demo was is great, just the right size so it is big, but you still can memorise all the various places.

I keep stumbling across hidden tunnels, staircases, towers. The sheer amount of work that has gone into creating this fantasticly intricate and interesting cityscape is immense.

Comment

Really didn't like this myself. Dunno whether it's the art style, character design, or what, but after half an hour's play I deleted it thoroughly unimpressed. Seemed too western somehow.

Comment

...too Western?

<shrugs>

It does slightly annoy me seeing reviews deriding the lack of story. I mean, Realtime Worlds specifically stated multiple times they'd chosen not to bother with one, so... I don't know, obviously I haven't played the full game, so I can't say for sure what effect the lack will have on me. But it doesn't bother me in the demo - I'd even say I like the atmosphere of Pacific City far, far more than that of any GTA, bar possibly Vice. Much less of the unwarranted comic relief shoehorned in (by San Andreas this was really starting to bug me), much less of the "here's the umpteenth thinly-veiled film homage to prove how clever we are"... don't get me wrong, I laugh 'til it hurts at the GTA radio stations just like anyone else, but it just feels so nice to be able to sit back and just... take in the ambience with far fewer extraneous distractions.

Comment

A Western developed game, in a western style, featuring a very western style of gameplay.

tooo western you say.....

Comment

hehe, too western, yeah.

I'm sure it's a good game, it's getting excellent reviews afterall and the vast majority of folk seem very impressed by it, I just can't feel it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
              Really didn't like this myself. Dunno whether it's the art style, character design, or what, but after half an hour's play I deleted it thoroughly unimpressed. Seemed too western somehow.
              If you go further back in this thread you'll find the umpteen posts stressing that you really need to play through the demo and evolve a good bit to start appreciating what they're doing.

Regarding the lack of story - I thought the company name made it pretty clear what they are trying to achieve.

Comment

You know what I noticed the other day, your characters appearence changes depending on what is leveled up. Whilist playing with Crisp he picked some bald goth guy, when I went to look him up a couple of levels later he had hair!

Some characters look noticably more bulky at higher levels too.

Comment

Hair seems to grow when you level agility up, and bulkier for strength (obviously) Argh. Not long to go now i guess >_< Hope shopto get it to me for tuesday!

Comment

You do know when you look at the agent you're selecting on the menu, the picture behind him is what he'll look like once he's reached maximum agility? Only agility and strength affect appearance - there are four "faces" and four levels of bulk.

...then again, I shouldn't act too smug; I went quite a while not understanding why I couldn't play as the cool-looking "wise sensei" white-haired old Chinese guy on the last splash screen ("Game experience may change online", etc., etc.), not realising it was one of the level four faces. <_<

EDIT: I usually pick the Viking guy, the less freakish-looking of the two, with one dead eye. Norse berserker for the win.
                    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 13-02-2007, 19:24.

Comment

Working...
                    X