No announcement yet.

Crackdown Demo Xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not to sure what the point would be if it isnt 'Kill everyone' GTA was fun because of how it dressed them up. I think the easiest way to sum up this game for me is 'Large City + Guns + Enemies = Crackdown' Thats how i can see it put together as 3 seperate things and thats all the game has to it.

Comment

Give it another go, level up your agility to level 4 then come back :P

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        Yeah but that just shows how accelerated the levelling up in the demo is. You can bet it won't be that quick in the game...
        Gonna be cool leveling up.
        Some bits taken from devs on crackdown forum...

The max number of stars you get is 4 (+99 skill meter)
        To earn the Max Agent achievement you need to earn 4 stars in ALL attributes AND max out the skill meter.
        The skill meter goes from 0 to 99 for each attribute, which means you have to max out Level 4 on ALL attributes Level 4 + 99 to get the achievement.
        There are Agility Orbs 500 in the game but you won't need to find all of them to max out your agility but you will need to find all of them to get the Agility orb achievement though.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Sack View Post
          Im not to sure what the point would be if it isnt 'Kill everyone' GTA was fun because of how it dressed them up. I think the easiest way to sum up this game for me is 'Large City + Guns + Enemies = Crackdown' Thats how i can see it put together as 3 seperate things and thats all the game has to it.
          Oh no no no no mate!!

Have you climbed every building and got the green orbs to level up your agility? Then you can run faster than cars, jump for miles, it's almost like flying. How much fun will the "kill 5 enemies whilst in the air" achievement be to try and get!!

Have you levelled up your strength, so you can run at moving cars and flying kick them out of the way? Or so you can pick up skips/cars/anything and throw it people?

Have you chucked the sticky grenades at moving cars, let them drive away then denotated them at the last minute?

Have you played co-op and got in the car with you mate, driven off somewhere when you both jump out and just jump all over the place? Or gone to kill one of the "bosses" in the demo, going up the building on opposite sides, only to meet up for the final showdown after killing your way to the top?

Have you gone to the fairground area where there are LOADS of agilty orbs, levelled up and slowly climbed to the top of the ferris wheel, only to stand and look around at the world you are immersed in? Then jumped your way down and literally floated across building to building?

That's just the tip of the iceberg. This is SO MUCH MORE than a GTA game could ever be. The point is : do what you want. If you WANT a GTA style mission after boring mission based game then no, this definitely isn't for you. But for a "GTA Style Game" I've hardly touched a car except from when you start the game.

Comment

I tend to find sandbox games a bit boring after a while unless its an RTS. I did level up most of my ability and played for the full amount of time possible, i just felt there should be a bit more to it. Climbing on buildings and leaping around is great fun, but again i found it dull after a couple of times because there isnt that much to do once you are on top a tall building.

There was other things that bugged me too, kill too many people and the cops chase after you. Except, itds kinda hard to know if they are after you or not because sirens dont sound and it seems that EVERYBODY will shoot you. Meaning you just have to run.

Having to hold X to pick up weapons as well is annoying but i think its the health system that bothers me. I felt too powerful, that i could almost never die, a bit like Just Cause, except that seemed a load more fun than this just thanks to the enviroments and being able to fly about the place by parachute or free fall or plane.

I dont know why i dont like this, it just seemed a bit empty and lacking with no much to actually do in the world apart from shoot people. I'll give it another go later but so far its a big MEH from me.

Comment

Just tried and lots of fun. I think I will get this

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                Yeah I know its accelerated which is all good but I wish they would have put a cap on it at 2 or 3 stars so you couldn't level up the full way.
                I thought I read the full game goes up to level 5 for each skill. I can't be sure though.

Originally posted by darksteve View Post
                There are Agility Orbs 500 in the game but you won't need to find all of them to max out your agility but you will need to find all of them to get the Agility orb achievement though.
                Finding all the different orbs will be fun.

Comment

I had £7.50 of Game points to redeem so just put in a pre-order. The Halo 3 beta was the deciding factor in putting my money down now, but I still believe this is the best Live demo I've downloaded yet and I *must* own the full game.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                    Finding all the different orbs will be fun.
                    Its going to be a bitch looking through the maps online to find the last couple of orbs you missed >_<

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Sack View Post
                      i think its the health system that bothers me. I felt too powerful, that i could almost never die.

Turn the difficulty up. Game plays LOADS better. Guess what...you die more often..

Genius!

Comment

I'm tempted to delete the demo now, I've only played it twice but it's the only thing I want to play at the moment! I don't want to ruin the final game in any way, but the game is just so addictive. It's also brilliantly presented - the trainer guy is perfectly implimented, one of the few games where the voiceover guy isn't really annoying...in fact I enjoy listening to what he has to say!

I got Okami the same day I got this demo (yesterday) and yet I've barely touched the game I've wanted for about three years! Bah.

Comment

A friend and I's latest boom vid (will upload to youtube asap):

direct

youtube:
                          Last edited by geldra; 28-01-2007, 23:01.

Comment

brilliant. Dead cars all over the frickin shop

Comment

that vid is superb!

Comment

I need to delete this demo and save it for the full game - I see people are absolutely tearing this demo apart but I'm going to refrain.

Not long

Comment

Working...
                                X