Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last game you played that featured a memorable soundtrack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow of the Colussus had a brilliant soundtrack for me.

One of my faves is Ridge Racer Type 4 though, I used to play that just to chill to the music whilst racing around the tracks, a very calming experience indeed.

Comment

Anno 1701 on the PC has a very beautiful soundtrack, very orchestral and relaxing and fits the game perfectly.

The main theme is free to download @ http://www.anno1701.com/launch/index...loads&l2=musik

Comment

Last truly memorable soundtrack I heard was in Baten Kaitos: Origins. Quite possibly Motoi Sakuraba's best work (and that isn't faint praise). The main theme especially is beautiful...
        Last edited by elkatas; 17-06-2007, 18:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper View Post
          get the quake soundtrack and give that a listen 45... really good stuff.
          The coolest thing is, that you can just pop the game CD in your CD player, as it contains redbook audio. As mentioned, pretty neat ambient and industrial stuff, even if I'm not really into it.

The last memorable game soundtrack I've heard was
          Digital Pinball: Neronomicon for the Sega Saturn.
          It features John Petrucci, one of the founding members of Dream Theater, and just boggles my mind, everytime I hear it. I can't find the words, to describe this masterpiece, but if I'd have to, I guess I'd call it "Lovecraftian Progressive Metal".

I think that videogame soundtracks reached their peak in the 16 and 32 bit generation, with the introduction of redbook enabled, CD-based games.
          The craftsmanship and production values really shoot through the roof. I've even gone so far and bought some of those games for their redbook audio alone and never played 'em on a console, but instead on my stereo.

I also adore anything that came out of my old Amiga, especially the stuff from Chris Hülsbeck, but yeah, this leads a little too far I guess..

Comment

Last memorable one? TR: Anniversary. Carefully composed, understated and expanded on the original (bar a couple of raucous boss fights).

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
              Last truly memorable soundtrack I heard was in Baten Kaitos: Origins. Quite possibly Motoi Sakuraba's best work (and that isn't faint praise). The main theme especially is beautiful...

You just reminded me that the Chrono Cross soundtrack was great too.
              So great I bought it on CD!!

Comment

Ridge Racers on the PSP had a wonderful soundtrack. sanodg, Kohta and the other Jap dude - excellent artists.

Comment

gitaroo man

loved the final song

Comment

Originally posted by Ryo Saeba View Post
                    The coolest thing is, that you can just pop the game CD in your CD player, as it contains redbook audio. As mentioned, pretty neat ambient and industrial stuff, even if I'm not really into it.
                    That's handy then, still have the original game somewhere, I'll have to dig it out.

Comment

Last game I played that had a memorable soundtrack - Forza2. It's an absolutely blinding mix of tunes.

Comment

The most recent game I played with a memorable soundtrack was Salamander. The stage 1 theme, 'Power of Anger' is the sort of tune that burrows its' way into your head and doesn't leave. I find myself humming it quite often. The boss tune from that game is pretty memorable too, as is the one from Gradius.
                        "An intruder has penetrated our forcefield...."

DoDonPachi has some excellent tunes too, particularly the first stage theme. I'm afraid I lack the eloquence to describe just how good it is, so I'll say it rocks, Big time. And I love the G-Darius soundtrack, though I've not played that one in a while. I've been listening to a few of the tunes on the minidisc lately. I haven't been playing it long, but Senko no Ronde has a few good tunes that won't leave my memory as well.
                        The last soundtrack I bought was Okami. That one was sublime. Wonderfully atmospheric themes that always bring back memories of the game - I was listening to the Spider Queen's theme just now, and I couldn't help but remember that battle. Absolutely amazing stuff.

Oh, almost forgot one - Fire Tripper from Salamander 2. It's not in the game itself, but you can hear it in the audio options menu on the ps1 Salamander collection. Class tune that one.
                        Last edited by Ostrog; 18-06-2007, 16:51.

Comment

Monkey Island

Comment

Silent Hill

Comment

Grim Fandango.. lol

Comment

The last games whose soundtracks I enjoyed in recent memory are as follows:

We Love Katamari ('Everlasting Love' is on my mp3 player)

Ouendan

Okami

Comment

Working...
                                X