No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could still learn about time outs and not doing infinite retries...

Comment

Its not broken - the server is just not live yet. Besides non of us should be playing it yet.

Comment

With a bit of luck it'll all be working tomorrow as it's supposed to be.

Not really understanding negative comments when the game hasn't been released yet but as was mentioned previously by Number45 this game probably will pick up a lot of negativity from some areas irrelevant of what's actually going on.

8am tomorrow is the official launch time so I suppose people may just need to wait until then to do the online stuff. Granturismo.com was offline for a couple of hours yesterday also so I suppose that is now ready to go when they want it to.

Comment

Yeah, soon as I removed the cable all was well. Not the first game to have something like this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
            Instant win for the Jap version, I love that theme
            I'll tape it for you.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
              Its not broken - the server is just not live yet. Besides non of us should be playing it yet.
              Point is, the player being online but unable to contact the server really shouldn't ever cause the game to hang. It's fine to say 'oh, it's not launched yet', but the same situation could quite easily happen post release too if they have any server outages.

It's just sloppy, and should've been picked up in testing is all I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                I'll tape it for you.
                Can you put it on 8-track for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                  Day one patch to turn on the MP.

We got absolutely slated for doing that, bet Polyphony won't be.
                  I'm sure they will. They're being slated for EVERYTHING (And defended in equal measure of course)!

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Yep! Yanked my net cable and I'm in!

Oh god, enable wide mode!

Comment

Haha, nah it's been too long for me to adjust to wide mode.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                      Game sounds broken, rushed etc?
                      heheh. er... I don't think you can call GT5 rushed.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        It's free!
                        Stop trolling ffs.

Comment

GET ONLINE! Its live

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            Haha, nah it's been too long for me to adjust to wide mode.
                            Haha agree I tried it once and my skin nearly crawled off.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                              Point is, the player being online but unable to contact the server really shouldn't ever cause the game to hang. It's fine to say 'oh, it's not launched yet', but the same situation could quite easily happen post release too if they have any server outages.

It's just sloppy, and should've been picked up in testing is all I'm saying.
                              What about those that use the wireless connection and not very savvy - they surely won't know/think to disable the wireless link just to play when/if the servers go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                                Oh god, enable wide mode!
                                The standard layout is easier to read, I actually find it annoying when images (like the one you quoted) stretch the page out to the width of the screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X