No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know, I was wondering if it was an old model or the last one! Or can you change the stock engine?

Comment

Nah, It's a 02 model "RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD).

Comment

its a shame that you cant change things like this but what are people wanting to be able to do put all the crappy stickers and silly things on to the cars like in them need for speed games.

surely they can update to allow extra upgrades now the game is out etc ?

Comment

Which never came without a turbocharger. So did you change the engine or remove the turbo? Just interested to see how deep the tuning is.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            Which never came without a turbocharger. So did you change the engine or remove the turbo? Just interested to see how deep the tuning is.
            what would be good is if there was a garage bit where you could add the mods and have like a rolling road to test out the power etc

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
              So then, a quick question. GT5 with just the 200 premium cars - better, or worse?

I still feel that trivialising the amount of effort Polyphony have put into this game is unfair, particularly when a great deal of it goes to achieve one thing only - 'racing simulation' - that will only ever appear as a single bullet point but outweighs almost all others by an insane amount in terms of importance to the game.
              Depends.

Standards are less detailed in general (darker windows etc), so a grid with 5 standards between 11 Premiums would be a bit weird if you really look for it.

At night races they do screw with the realism, because they lack certain features such as proper lights. It can be seen as a sloppy experience by some. Racing a standard on a rainy track takes away half the fun and challenge, as cockpit makes it a nightmare in a good way.

I also wonder how roll overs will turn out, as Standards undersides aren't modeled. Supposedly.

Comment

Seems you can actually customise the standard cars and put different rims on them etc. Just like this guy here has done:

Comment

The user reviews on metacritic are fantastic:
                  forza3 the best this game piece of trash dont buy this How so? Masterpieces do not come? Plums? Yamauchi Filoni 6 years? Who thinks that? Chief Ex 8.5 from 10.0 plums: dn: not well, it should have been 6 years sonika Forza and PGR Haight and such epic final at the end)))
                  I'm really not sure what he's trying to say there.

Comment

A failed Haiku perhaps?

Comment

What do you expect from someone who thinks it's a worthwhile use of their time to tell people that game X on platform Y is better than game A on platform B.

Looks like a similar standard to some of the ALLCAPS attempts at selling cars you see on ebay and pinstonheads. You'd think they'd make more of an effort when trying to get money for something.

Comment

Actually I think that same person was posting on here early this morning

Comment

In summary: plums.

Comment

Just drove through some London track, was going through Leicester Square/Picadilly. Could even see trocadero. Somewhat exciting for me. lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Just drove through some London track, was going through Leicester Square/Picadilly. Could even see trocadero. Somewhat exciting for me. lol
                              Unless you can mow down the hordes of cosplayers flooding in and out of Tokyo Toys, no dice.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                How so, London's hideous!!

Comment

Working...
                                X