No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's more likely he played a bit of Test Drive Unlimited (or even Burnout Paradise)...

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
      Yeah, and half the fun is in photo travel mode imo. This was my 1st car and pic:

You can make some sick shots with the premiums.
      Is this a premuim car? If so, I cannot imagine why they would waste time modelling crappy plastic hatches when things like the MR2, Celica, Seirra Cosworth, Lotus Esprit, Corvette and so on are classic cars in their respective classes and era.

A Swift is a pretty average car.

Comment

'05 and '07 Sport models are premium according to the list, yes.

Comment

Swift is a great car to pump your starting credits in. I'm mainly using a 458 Italia and SLS AMG now.

But as for choices, I could do without the Kubelwagen, electric and Nascar crap being premiums. The Swift doesn't have to be a Premium for me too. In that sense its ridiculous that the Veyron isn't a premium car at all. Its the faster car on the suggested car list of the Supercar championship. Same goes for the world championship, most rival cars are standards (the LM cars etc).
          Last edited by saturn-gamer; 01-12-2010, 19:58.

Comment

I got fed up of waiting for my Shopto order so I went to HMV this evening to pick it up. I'm too knackered to set the PS3 up now and do the install so it's still sealed. If it's not here by tomorrow(seriously doubt it) then I'll crack it open and refund/send the Shopto one back if it arrives.

Quick question about photo mode - do those people in the background move or are they stationary?

Comment

The locations I've used in GT have all had moving people in the scenes...

And a Dog!

Comment

Some more information from the Twitter interview which is really good news as far as I'm concerned. There will be an earlier update which is due any day but I'm sure this later one will be a relief for quite a few people.
                The update that's planned for the end of the month will include an option for backing up your save data to other storage devices.

Comment

Ah, that would be a relief.

Comment

Another one from Twitter, this time following up from a previous comment in which he said he was hoping to launch a new official Gran Turismo wheel for the franchise.

It's worth noting that GT5 now has settings for this wheel although it's not yet available, the official Prologue wheel will of course continue to be supported but this does add another option for people.
                    T500RS has great potential.I can not wait to launch the device.
                    Thrustmaster T500 RS

Comment

Interesting. Glad I haven't picked anything up yet!

Comment

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see where they go with this and it could sit alongside the Logitech Driving Force GT rather than replace it although once you've read this you'll probably want to go back thinking about the other wheels.

Although there's not really any information on the hardware Yamauchi can't seem to avoid Twitter and the information he is giving suggests that they're aiming above the Logitech G27/Fanatec market.

The wheel and peddles are being quoted at $500 with the shifter being a separate purchase, going from other wheels around that price you could be paying another $200 for the shifter.

So, maybe ?600 for the set over here?

It's not something I'd be considering as an upgrade for my G27 as that does the job perfectly for me and this is a real step up in terms of cost. Even if I could spend that sort of money without thinking about it, unlike some of my mates I can't imagine I'd be able to feel the advantages of this wheel.

I really hope that the don't stop selling the Driving Force GT as most games retailers are not prepared to give shelf space to a wheel like the T500 RS and the Driving Force GT is damn good wheel.

Comment

Real vs Sim

Comment

That's actually quite cool

It's interesting to see how similar they look side to side given that when I'm out and about in the car, driving at just 40mph feels far faster than anything in game and yet the vid shows them to be very similar. It's a shame games can never recreate all the other elements that go into the experience.

Comment

Cracked open my copy just now. First impressions:

Breakbot remix of Pnau's 'Baby' before each race is

Windscreen rain effect is gash. I prefer PGR4's effect. I'm sure each rain drop is being individually modelled or something silly like that but when it translates to blocks of rain, I'd rather it were faked.

Going to install it now while I have breakfast and watch Peep Show, but not before I have a quick go on the Clubman night stage, which looks lovely. Can't wait to try the rally stages!

Comment

Rally is the most awesome thing in this game imo. But don't forget to disable Traction or it won't feel like Rally. PD should disable this by default. Some random generated point to point rally tracks are great too.

This is the closest you'll get to a current-gen Sega Rally. 60fps is a factor.

Comment

Working...
                                X