No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't used a single standard car yet, and having browsed the dealerships I don't think I will have any reason to either. Premiums will do nicely.

Comment

That's what I was thinking - if I only ever saw premiums, I'd still see 200 cars but it's the fact they stuck 800 standards in from a last-gen game with varying levels of touching up purely to boast that they have over 1000 cars that miffs me a bit.

Yamauchi also set himself up very nicely for pulling the same stunt with GT6 when he talked about how the premium car models are better suited for the next PS console on account of their detail.

It's the racing equivalent of the Morrigan sprite.

Comment

It's embarrassing tbh. A huge developer like PD should not be doing something like this. When/if I get this I will try go only buy premium cars also but that won't stop you racing against shoddy looking standard cars will it?

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
          It's the racing equivalent of the Morrigan sprite.
          At least they've finally done away with that...

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
            It's embarrassing tbh. A huge developer like PD should not be doing something like this. When/if I get this I will try go only buy premium cars also but that won't stop you racing against shoddy looking standard cars will it?
            It has for me, so far... I haven't gone into the more obscure events yet though

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
              At least they've finally done away with that...
              Last time I saw Yoshinori I asked him if they could put the Morrigan sprite in MvC3

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                When/if I get this I will try go only buy premium cars also but that won't stop you racing against shoddy looking standard cars will it?
                Not every standard car looks shoddy, just some. I was using a Celica 2000GT-Four which looks excellent next to the premiums but then you'll get a much simpler looking car like a Toyota Yaris which looks pretty bad thanks to the low resolution textures. Hopefully this is something they'll address in a future update.

Comment

Standards shouldn't be here. Not in a majestic game like GT. PD and GT were about perfection, right? A lot of events demand the use of a standard. And a lot of them do look terrible. I was hoping for them to be fully optional but sadly they aren't. 70's, 80's, 90's, pick up truck events... all kinds of ****es.

Its inconsistent, seeing those headlights (and don't bother night racing against them) or rims in close up is making me cringe. Its not nearly as fun as using a premium (esp. not during weather effects)... it just hurts this game, and this game would be better with just the 200 cars and events divided around them. After about 40% complete i'm positive about that now.

But Sony can advertise with its '1000' car thing, I guess...
                  Last edited by saturn-gamer; 28-11-2010, 18:24.

Comment

It's not as if 200 cars isn't alot really. I'm never gonna race 1000 cars in GT5. Prob won't even get anywhere near half of that. Why on earth would you really wanna race a Toyota Yaris for example. So pointless.

GT should be perfect. I wish they would add an update to give you an option to play the game without standard cars in any races at all.

Comment

Yeah, and half the fun is in photo travel mode imo. This was my 1st car and pic:

You can make some sick shots with the premiums.

Comment

People would probably bitch about it even if they'd stuck to the 200 premium cars only, there was enough of that when GT3 had less cars than GT2.

I don't really see racing a Yaris being pointless at all, I've had some fun races using the lower bhp vehicles, it can get quite competive as most cars around that range are evenly matched, also makes a welcome change from racing the usual supercars and high performance vehicles.

Comment

Another patch inbound > link

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                            Yeah, and half the fun is in photo travel mode imo. This was my 1st car and pic:

You can make some sick shots with the premiums.
                            Did you know you have a miniature Dachshund stuck to your boot?

Comment

Yamauchi is answering questions on Twitter at the moment, these translations come courtesy of GT Planet and Google.
                              • Flexible camera angles and ?dynamic and wide-area lighting needs? are to blame for the sometimes blocky shadows. Yamauchi admits they are a problem and wants to improve them.
                              • Yamauchi appears to consider the possibility of removing the in-game HUD (heads-up-display features) at some point in the future.
                              • To unlock the Red Bull X1, you?ll need to complete the ?Sebastian Vettel Challenge?, which appears at Level 30.
                              • Online ?lounge? functionality and other features will be added ?one by one?.
                              • Polyphony Digital continues to work on fully supporting the Logitech G25 and G27, though Yamauchi admits he would like a ?new steering device soon??
                              • Mechanical damage options will be implemented in a new update for GT5 coming ?early December?.
                              • As you may know, many players noticed that GT5?s face-tracking functionality only worked in Arcade mode. According to Yamauchi, it?s not available in GT mode due to memory issues with the PS3.
                              • In-game rewards (such as the monetary prize in GT5 Prologue) for your performance in online events is something Polyphony Digital is considering, and may be implemented in a future update.
                              • Gran Turismo 5?s official, 2-disc sound-track will be released soon.
                              • Yamauchi wanted to implement a ?free roam? gameplay mode in GT5, where players could drive around, respecting speed limits and obeying traffic laws, and even exit the car to walk around and explore the environment on foot.
                              • The YouTube replay upload feature had to be pulled from the final version of the game because it took a very long time to render and it consumed too much memory. Yamauchi is still considering it, however.

Comment

I couldn't care less about the soundtrack - I haven't heard one single thing so far that has even made me want to turn the volume up a bit. After glancing down the track list I saw some nice classical tracks in there but they haven't cropped up in the game.

That one bullet point is a surprise - he wanted to make it into Grand Theft Auto (minus the car stealing)?

Comment

Working...
                                X