No announcement yet.

Streets of Rage 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez, how did some of you guys manage to beat this on hardcore without continung? Or did you alter it so it was on hardcore but you had 9 lives?

Comment

Isnt the
      Perfect Win
      Beat the game without continuing.

Achievement just that, it doesnt have to be done on hardcore? Just finish the game without using a continue?

Just the 800,000 on hardcore that will be a swine to get.

Comment

Perfect Win/Beat the game without continuing is a piece of piss.

Just whack your lives up to 9 and on Easy if need be, job done.

Hardcore one though, is tough.

Comment

Just downloaded the demo of this - not a particularly impressive port at all, a lot of the sound effects sound wrong, and it's extremely blurred and lacking clarity compared to the Wii Virtual Console version (I do have smoothing disabled).

Of course, the co-op is the main thing here. It's just a shame it's such a lackluster emulation.
          Last edited by sj33; 30-08-2007, 05:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
            Just downloaded the demo of this - not a particularly impressive port at all, a lot of the sound effects sound wrong, and it's extremely blurred and lacking clarity compared to the Wii Virtual Console version (I do have smoothing disabled).

Of course, the co-op is the main thing here. It's just a shame it's such a lackluster emulation.
            The difference in clarity between the Wii and 360 versions is down to the Wii outputting a native unscaled 320x240 signal, and the 360 remaining in 1280x720 and bilinear scaling the image to blow it up to full screen. They could of course, have turned bilnear off...

Comment

It just looks plain nasty imo, somewhat defeats the point of a nice telly and a HD console if the clarity is completely destroyed just to make it less blocky.

*this is a critisism of this kind of filtering in general, not specifically SoR2 which would still be an excellent game if it was played on a 3" b/w fishbowl TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                Perfect Win/Beat the game without continuing is a piece of piss.

Just whack your lives up to 9 and on Easy if need be, job done.

Hardcore one though, is tough.
                There's only 2 hardcore achievements...

Beat the 2nd level boss (done)
                800,000 points (I've not done).

I assume the 800,000 one means completing it on hardcore, though after level 2 I had 160,000 points when I saved it.

Just spam the grandUPPPPAAAARRR and you'll get level 2 done easily.

Comment

I thought it looked OK (on a 21" monitor via VGA), neat little game that doesn't require too much brain demand. Well worth the three odd quid

Comment

It's a classic mate, the lad Yoshi and I having loadsa fun with the Battle Mode last-night, ****ing class XBLA game!

Thanks for the spamming technique, will give that a bash.

Comment

Y those VS fights were excellent - it's amazing how well it adapts to online - so quick, easy and fun.

Standing toe to toe with 2 Axels just spamming the punch-flurry special was hilarious !!!

Comment

That was brilliant.

Anyone got the 5pt achievement yet?

Comment

5pt achievement?

Gotta agree with Yosh though, the VS matches are excellent. I played about 8 matches against one guy and he would not give up! He won one round in 8 matches but wouldn't give up!

Regarding visuals, it looks just the same as I remember it to be honest...I didn't care about a visual upgrade that much, achievements + online was more than enough of a cookie to tempt me. Oh and the fact it's an excellent game.

Comment

The one where you fight 10 opponents or win 10 matches?

Comment

Yeah I've got that!

I found it odd, for your first win you get 10g, but for winning 10 matches you get 5g

Comment

Yeah but do they have to be ranked matches ? The two of us played a ****load of games last night and neither got the achievement (and Bleeders most certainly should have ><)

Comment

Working...
                                X