Streets of Rage 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
    I should point out I didn't think the visuals were underwhelming in general, I was comparing them to SoR1's which I'd last played over 10 years ago so my recollection of it was near enough non existant at best.

It does look and feel nice and arcade-y I have to say.
    The main difference with SOR2 is the bigger sprites. Everything looks far more bold and striking.

It also moves faster, with the original being quite sluggish in comparison.

The fact that SOR2 constantly gets talked about and high rankings in retro charts, proves how good it is.

If you like arcade style scrolling-fighters, this is probably the best original console creation.

Comment

surely the popularity of this screams next-gen remake? with 4 player co-op?

Comment

Hmm. How long have we waited for SoR4? I wouldnt want a next gen remake/sequal now tbh. Could you imagine the horror? Final Fight steetwise anyone*cringes*

Comment

I've officially given up on the 800,000 achievement, the last bit on Stage 7 is beyond ridiculous - probably worse than God of War 2 for sticking you in impossible situations with no health power-up apples or anything from the bottom upwards through till the next-level.

**** that.

Comment

i blasted through on very easy last night and bagged the hard and perfect win achievements.

i used to play this so much as a kid and it is still as good as i remember it.

i'm well impressed with sega's live arcade offerings, game saving and online coop FTW!!!

Comment

I really dont like them guys with the jetpacks.

Comment

Just stand a little distance in front of them and do the vertical jump kick when they get close (no lateral movement as that does little damage). Usually they'll either charge you horizontally and are very easy to hit then, the timing window is massive, or they'll fly up a little and sort of swoop down at 45degrees. If they do that you have to time the jump pretty accurately and quite late to get the hit and not take one but once you get the hang of it they die in no time. If they're ever on top of you do a standing special to knock them back or they'll pick you up in just about the only unescapable move in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                  I've officially given up on the 800,000 achievement, the last bit on Stage 7 is beyond ridiculous - probably worse than God of War 2 for sticking you in impossible situations with no health power-up apples or anything from the bottom upwards through till the next-level.

**** that.
                  Tell me about it, that stupid achievement is ruining SoR2 for me. I'm on the lift too, with four lives and full health and that's not enough?!

**** it!

Comment

Have you got the 3 hidden extra lives? Makes a big difference.

Comment

Buh? Where are they?

Comment

1st level, right at the start bottom left corner, press attack to pick up.

2nd level, right after you get out of the truck, top left corner.

3rd level, bottom centre, right below the head/neck out of the wall boss.

I thought there were more but I can't find them.

Comment

Originally posted by SegaMark View Post
                          Tell me about it, that stupid achievement is ruining SoR2 for me. I'm on the lift too, with four lives and full health and that's not enough?!

**** it!
                          Someone who feels my pain. I was getting seriously frustrated at it yesterday. I'm upto the part just before the boss with only the one life left, and unsurprisingly falter at that point, but I was intrigued to see on ahead, so continued and found THREE bosses and NO heath pick-up.

I really think you need at the very least 6-7 lives and hope to make it through only losing one or two until you've reached the boss. I've picked up the scattered ones, but if I lose a silly life, then I often restart until I manage to work the situation to my advantage, where I can spam punch till they drop. It's virtually impossible to do this on the lift given you haven't got much to work with and the number of enemies makes it difficult.

Has anyone tried this achievement on co-op at all?
                          Last edited by Bleeders; 03-09-2007, 08:47.

Comment

I'll try it with ya whenever yer ready Bleeders - not played it since we had that wee session last week !

Comment

Definitely mate, be up for that!!1!

Comment

Working...
                              X