No announcement yet.

Streets of Rage 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't stipulate Ranked Matches, which is odd, but I thinking you have to create a match > invite friend > repeat for that achievement?

Comment

I don't see how you guys are all enjoying the vs mataches. They were crap on the megadrive and they are crap on here. It was always a token 'bonus' to try and take away some of street fighters thunder at the time, but nobody bothered with it.
      The game itself is fantastic. I have been playing the megadrive version since it came out and I'm sure this version is a hell of a lot easier, even on hardcore.

Comment

I've not played a single ranked match yet.

I played 10 player matches on the trot and won them all, it was that simple. I played 1 guy twice, he left, the other guy then joined my created match and stayed for 8 matches. I only actually played 2 different people for the achievement. They stayed in my lobby afterwards and we kept going.

If I'm about later gimme a shout and I'll host some and you can hammer me 10 on the trot to see if it works if you want.
        Last edited by Jebus; 30-08-2007, 09:18.

Comment

I'm not sure I'm right in thinking this, but didn't SoR 1 look better than SoR2? I have fond memories of the first one on my neighbour's megadrive and I remember the visuals looking pretty sharp.

The visuals on this seem underwhelming, I never played it on the megadrive though so I can't compare them.

Edit: Just checked out the feature that the site has on the games, seems that I'm wrong.
          Last edited by Daragon; 30-08-2007, 09:27.

Comment

Well for me it looks just how I remember it, I'm playing with default visual settings, not turned the smoothing on etc...

It looks fine, I really don't understand the fuss

Comment

No, the first looked jank compared to two, see...

@Jebus - Me either, tbh. It's a 14yo game, the fact remains it still doesn't have an equal - next-gen or otherwise. IMO.
              Last edited by Bleeders; 30-08-2007, 09:30.

Comment

I should point out I didn't think the visuals were underwhelming in general, I was comparing them to SoR1's which I'd last played over 10 years ago so my recollection of it was near enough non existant at best.

It does look and feel nice and arcade-y I have to say.

Comment

Just completed it and got two achievements Two to go, one I don't think I'll get though!

Just need to do a co-op match now! Oh and get 800,000 points in hardcore...

Comment

Got the 800,000 points achievement, pretty tough going. Initially the achievement wouldn't register for some reason. I think it has to update your score on the leaderboard before it gives it to you. I found after going into the leaderboard and then loading up my save with the high score the achievement was given.

Comment

Did the score require completion of the game, Duckula?

Comment

No, i thought this was the requirement at first but then the achievement clicked when I loaded the game back up.

I didn't get the 800,000 until the end of stage 7 though so it's near enough the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckula View Post
                          Got the 800,000 points achievement
                          RESPECT SIR!

Comment

Is this worth 400 MS Points then?

Comment

Well, it's SoR2. It's still the greatest beat-up-up ever made. Plays as well today as it ever did.

Comment

Awesome game, loved it to bits when it came out and still now. I'd buy it if i hadn't already rinsed it time after time on DGEN on the psp.

Comment

Working...
                                X