Help me decide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
    Thanks folks, I'll be sure to post here when we start thinking of names for the new nipper.

Cheers!
    Ulysses!

Comment

lol, Ulysses .. haha

Comment

If you value HD movies over games, go PS3.

If you value games over movies, go 360 without question. 360 is the gaming platform of choice at the moment, there's just no other way to look at it. Wii is a nice extra but it simply doesn't have enough core games yet to justify having it as a primary system.

Comment

I value gaming over movies, and chose a ps3.

I just don't care for anything much released on the 360, that plus pretty unreliable hardware, added to the fact I'd need to spend so much to make it the same as the ps3, it was an easy choice for me. I have enough games to play on the system, personally.

Comment

I have both systems and have played virtually every 360 game and all PAL ps3 titles + everybodys golf and Lair and their truly is no contest at all from a games point of view. 360 all the way. There is nothing out on the ps3 or IMHO announced as an exclusive for the PS3 to warrant a purchase even at the new price point.

Buy a 360 and raid the back catalogue and 2nd hand market.

Comment

I'm glad I've got both, but until/if an English version of Trusty Bell comes out that I can play on my Asian 360, the PS3 gets far more play - even though mainly in the form of PS2/Playstation games ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                there's just no other way to look at it.
                You get a bit too passionate in these debates Kotatsu.

Comment

>ps3<

Comment

X360, I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                      >ps3<
                      Who are you and what have you done with the Yoshi we know?

I'd say get a 360 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
                        You get a bit too passionate in these debates Kotatsu.
                        You think? Seriously I just can't think of how anyone could say the PS3 is a better game system than the 360 at present. 360 just has a lot more games, tons more really, especially if you include XBLA. Plus it has Live and Marketplace.

Unless someone is a real Lair superfan then 360 just makes so much more sense, even with the red ring of death. (and I speak there from experience, as my third 360 red ringed on me a few days ago)

Comment

Why is it so difficult for people to accept that personal preference might play a part in any recommendation? I chose PS3 over 360 (I sold my 360 when I bought my PS3, near enough) and I have absolutely no regret. At all.

In terms of exclusives there's far more on the PS3 that I'm interested in (Which is why I made the choice in the first place) and the multiplatform games don't factor into a decision (Even if one runs slightly better, includes different online components etc...), because I can play those if I want to as well.

It would be easier if the original question was asked with a little more detail about what was wanted from the console though, because without it it's little more than people stating their favourites, which is of no great help where someone else making a decision is concerned.

Comment

If i had to choose 1 or the other, like yourself has, I would choose the 360, it has a wealth of games already out, a wealth of games coming soon, and a wealth of games on the horizons.Im not saying ps3 hasnt, my personal taste in games leans me more towards the 360, It has xbox live that works very well and seems so much better than ps3 offering (yes Ive owned a ps3 and online didnt seem as well thought out as the 360)

Now theres a price drop I will be getting another ps3, mostly for its blu ray movie capability but also for the few good games it has out, I enjoyed resistance and motorstorm very much, and im looking forward to the new ratchet and clank game coming next month.

But its your choice, go and have a look at game/gamestation and look at the selection of games each has to offer and make your own mind up.

People moan that xbox live costs 40 quid per year and ps3's is free, I know which I prefer

Comment

Originally posted by fragmast3r View Post
                              my personal taste in games leans me more towards the 360
                              Precisely the point I was making, yeah. That should be the only consideration when deciding what to choose. If I had the time, I'd happily have both side by side, but just with the one I'm overwhelmed with stuff to play as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                                You think? Seriously I just can't think of how anyone could say the PS3 is a better game system than the 360 at present. 360 just has a lot more games, tons more really, especially if you include XBLA. Plus it has Live and Marketplace.

Unless someone is a real Lair superfan then 360 just makes so much more sense, even with the red ring of death. (and I speak there from experience, as my third 360 red ringed on me a few days ago)
                                Well you also included the Wii in your comment. Anyway, i'd agree, the 360 has more to offer, but it was the 'there's just no other way of looking at it' that I was commenting on.

It was a pointless comment, people should ignore me when i'm a cock, as they usually do.

Comment

Working...
                                X