Dead Space 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
    Pretty sure Extraction is on disc and boots from disc even with install.
    Yup. 3.5 gig install and you still need the disk (no doubt to stop people keeping it and trading the main game)

Comment

Contains a vid with the first images of the upcoming DLC Dead Space 2: Severed

It lasts for 2 chapters and runs parallel to the main story following the attempt to escape The Sprawl by 2 characters from.... Extraction! Get in!

Comment

Taken from joystiq, real plasma cutters
        http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/08/de...ystiq+(Joystiq)

Comment

3 Blast spot lighting.

Aw man I'm such a tart for stuff like this. Must resist urges!

Comment

Turns out the Dead Space 2 DLC, that was supposedly console specific, is available to unlock in the PC build. EA had previously told The Escapist that the DLC would not make it to the PC version, but users are reporting a save file is all that's required to unlock the extra suits and weapons.

The console-only DLC, unlocked on PC using a 3.4kb save file

Comment

Dead Space 2's first DLC Chapter is out on the 1st of March

Ooo, it's only 560 points too!

Comment

Ohhhh the Twitchers are back, thoses things were swines but awesome.
                Will have to rent DS2 for Severed, it's only 2 Chapters long so I wonder if this will be a part 1 of multiple chapters scenario?

Comment

Just watching a film saved on the PVR and there's a Dead Space 2 PS3 ad. The whole way through there's a subtitle "Not compatible with Playstation Move". I'm thinking "Why is this such important info?" At the end "comes free with playstation Move in special packs"

Translation: "This new spiffing game is not compatible with this thing we are giving away for free because we can't sell it". Hardly seems smart.

Comment

Because you get Dead Space: Extraction which is Move compatible free with Dead Space 2 which isn't on the PS3? As it's an advert I suppose they have to make it very clear that only one of the games supports Move.

At least that's what it says in the advert that I've seen.

Comment

You are probably right. I missed that completely though. I must be getting old. Next I'll be wondering where I left my glasses (I don't wear glasses).

Comment

It's all right Charlser we'll all come and visit you in the home. I too was slightly confused by the ad. I have to say I'm loving extraction using move. I'd loved for the whole game to at least let you use move too. Playing a game like this on DS3 reminds me that the xbox analogue sticks work so much better. Still really enjoying it tho.

Comment

Working...
                        X