Best new character of this decade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gene From GodHand
    Last edited by dvdmike; 28-09-2009, 20:41.

Comment

I really like venessa from PN03, shame she wasn't used for anything else.

And I'm going to say it because nobody else has: Master Chief. He makes me whoop "hell yeah!" in a cheesy American way far too much. Well not really, but he is ace.

Comment

Agreed- it's tempting to want to pass on Master Chief for being too obvious a pick, but he's easily the most recognizable game character of this decade. My other picks would be Zoe from Dreamfall (design firmly on the wrong side of the uncanny valley, but easily one of the most human games characters I've encountered), GLaDos, the Washington/Agent G double-act from House of the Dead: Overkill and Sae from Project Zero 2. I can’t think of any other villain who casts such a large shadow over a title…

Comment

Originally posted by Strolls View Post
          I know that you guys - and prolly the majority on here - know where these characters come from, but it would be great if you all could state it anyway, for the benefit of those of us who don't.
          The dude with Jade is Double H, who I also posted a picture of on the first page.

Comment

Zoe from Dreamfall is Zoe from The Longest Journey, who I totally would've nominated, but it came out in 98 or so.

Rock Hudson is awesome, and also would've been nominated, but Garou MOTW was 1999.

Personally, I think the most recognisable characters of the decade have been well boring. Master Chief is iconic, but super-boring. The Gears Of War people - definition of boring. Yawn yawn yawn. Item seller from Resident Evil 4, though? Great choice!

Comment

Also, for the guy wondering who the Item Seller is...: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXx0qwe0wc

Comment

Originally posted by Magnakai View Post
                Zoe from Dreamfall is Zoe from The Longest Journey, who I totally would've nominated, but it came out in 98 or so.
                Sure you're not getting your TLJ heroines mixed up? Zoe was created for the 2006 sequel, while April Ryan was main character in the original game.

Comment

Fran from Final Fantasy XII.

Comment

Boy from Noby Noby Boy.

Comment

Rufus. He rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                        Rufus. He rocks.
                        Was thinking of posting this yesterday. *Applause.

Also Rooney from FIFA.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge View Post
                          Sure you're not getting your TLJ heroines mixed up? Zoe was created for the 2006 sequel, while April Ryan was main character in the original game.
                          Oops! I guess I am! Well then, I put in a vote for her too.

Comment

Henshin a go go baby yeah!!!

Comment

Out in 2000 in the US and Europe, so he counts

Comment

waaaaaa

he makes me laugh every time. his ssbm trophy pose is the greatest but I can't find a higher resolution picture:

my other picks of travis, hk-47, edgeworth and midna have already been mentioned. nathan drake is cool too and is voiced well but it astounds me how more people don't note how well travis touchdown is voiced. his lines are plain crazy and they are delivered perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X