Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the price of the hardware is too unreasonable. It struggles price-wise compared with the 3DS, but it's no secret that the hardware is superior and much more suited to 'proper' games.

The problem is the distinct lack of these 'proper' games, or any games at all. I love my Vita, but I'd struggle to actually recommend it to anyone at the moment. The 3DS is the more sensible proposition in terms of software lineup.

It doesn't help that the base ?229 price is slightly misleading, too. Unlike the 3DS, there is no included memory card, and the price of Vita memory cards and prepherials would make even Microsoft blush.

Comment

FINALLY! Managed to see one in the wild and play one! In Bluewater today, both HMV and GAME had one! Tried the one in HMV which was pretty unshackled but didn't have any games pre-loaded on it (FAIL). GAME had a full demo unit tucked inside the door which was pre-loaded with loads of japanese demos(?). Anyway,

Ridge Racer - was the framerate fixed with this? Regardless of 30fps, it was frameskipping all over the shot.
      Gravity whatname - very nice!
      Wipeout - ditto, load times a joke. A full minute to load a track?
      Fifa and Virtua Tennis - same as PS3 versions, no complaints there

For a device that runs on batteries though, its nice to see Sony doesn't have the foggiest. Loads of slow moving fade-to-black unskipable logos - Sony Computer Entertainment Presents - <pause for 5 seconds> - A Japan Studio game - <pause for 5 seconds> - A game company production = <pause for 5 seconds> = Using Havoc - <pause for 5 seconds> - Using some other game service - <pause for 5 seconds> - using codecs etc. - <pause for 5 seconds>this game autosaves etc blah blah ****ING HELL GET ON WITH IT!

I thought it was a nice device, and was briefly tempted, but not yet. GAME where stocking the 32GB memory card for ?79.99. Clearly SONY (or/and GAME) have been taking too many drugs.

Comment

On the flip side Uncharted: Golden Abyss doesn't have any load times in game same as Uncharted 3. It really depends on the game.

Comment

Guess so. With the price of the Vita memory cards I would expect NO LOADING whatsoever, the price of them is simply insane.

The only thing that would make me buy one in an instant is a perfect version of Gradius V on it. The state the Konami is in, thats never going to happen, although it may come to the PSN Network with PS2 emulator. But of course because you would of already "locked" the device to the UK store, you'd get the ****ty PAL conversion anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
            Guess so. With the price of the Vita memory cards I would expect NO LOADING whatsoever, the price of them is simply insane.

The only thing that would make me buy one in an instant is a perfect version of Gradius V on it. The state the Konami is in, thats never going to happen, although it may come to the PSN Network with PS2 emulator. But of course because you would of already "locked" the device to the UK store, you'd get the ****ty PAL conversion anyway!
            The only loading times i really noticed on all my games that is a piss take was on Wipeout. They patched that and it isn't much better. Totally agree on the memory card prices are a joke.

It is a bit of a long shot waiting for a perfect version of Gradius 5 to be announced in order for Sony to be sure you would buy one in an instant though :S

Comment

Seriously annoyed with the Vita today.

Decided to clear out my save files etc from the games I have sold.

It turns out that for a lot of them... You can't.

Or rather you can't if you don't have the game card to hand. So I am stuck with the installation data and all the other crap that goes with it and the only way I can delete the data is by borrowing the cards and deleting the data manually.

This is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                It doesn't help that the base ?229 price is slightly misleading, too. Unlike the 3DS, there is no included memory card, and the price of Vita memory cards and prepherials would make even Microsoft blush.
                Zavvi are selling for ?169.95 atm.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                  Seriously annoyed with the Vita today.

Decided to clear out my save files etc from the games I have sold.

It turns out that for a lot of them... You can't.

Or rather you can't if you don't have the game card to hand. So I am stuck with the installation data and all the other crap that goes with it and the only way I can delete the data is by borrowing the cards and deleting the data manually.

This is stupid.
                  That can't be right surely

Comment

Can you not just hold down the bubble until it asks for a full delete shouldn't need a card for that

Comment

Press and hold on the bubble, or use Content Manager on a PC.

Comment

Doesn't work for all games. Some require you to have the physical copy.

Comment

Wow. I feel I should post a picture to express my feelings, but not all the facepalm pics in the world will do it justice...

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                            Can you not just hold down the bubble until it asks for a full delete shouldn't need a card for that
                            It is right for:

Army corps
                            ninja gaiden
                            dynasty warriors
                            wipeout

Maybe more.

Comment

Can you not back-up the saves of games you still have and reformat?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                Can you not back-up the saves of games you still have and reformat?
                                You shouldn't have to but it sounds like this is your last option, back up your saves on the ps3 and format absolute joke

Comment

Working...
                                X