Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery benchmarks. Clocked in at 2hr54 on the PES title screen.

The worrying thing is that apparenly a full charge of the battery takes 3hr30m. If the charger can't keep up, you're going to get it powering off whilst connected to the mains.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Don't let it out into the real world!
      Sorry, it's just I'm really looking forward to the weekend. You know, getting down on Friday? We so excited! Fun, Fun, Fun!

Comment

Can't wait, can't wait. I'm off work, Thursday, Friday and Monday. Mega sesh with the 3DS incoming. I think I'll go for Monkey Ball, Ghost Recon & Pilotwings.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post

Battery benchmarks. Clocked in at 2hr54 on the PES title screen.

The worrying thing is that apparenly a full charge of the battery takes 3hr30m. If the charger can't keep up, you're going to get it powering off whilst connected to the mains.
          Not an entirely fair test, would have been more interesting running DS PES on all of them, and also interesting to see it on a comparable brightness rather than each one's max. Still not great though!

When you charge the iphone it charges quickly from 0 - 80% I think, then slowly to 100%. I think it's something to do with protecting the battery. I guess this might be similar so there'll be no issues about it powering off I'm sure.

Comment

Ghost recon is ace. Played quite a few missions now and it's constantly evolving and adding new elements. There's nice variety to the missions plenty of extra ones to unlock and a multiplayer mode (taking it it turns only).the levelling up system is very good there's a nice range to the available characters and certain stages allow you to capture bases which give you command points. These points can then be used for things like devastating air strikes.

Fans of srpgs and gallop will go nuts for this and rightly so, only it's lack of innovation (although it's very polished) and it's generic design let it down.

My favourite launch game by far.

Comment

Hope the recharge cable is fairly long.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                It's the best game in the line up by far.
                Although Ridge Racer and street fighter come mighty close.
                You've contradicted yourself a bit there...

Comment

Originally posted by Party boy View Post
                  You've contradicted yourself a bit there...
                  Tee Hee.
                  I see your point, but when you're working with percentile scores it all begins to make sense.

Just take it as they're the 3 launch games I'd recommend to buy. Both for playability and terms of actually getting value for your hard-earned money.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting, I think I'll be substituting Pilotwings for one of the, in the short term at least... Ridge Racer appeals the most to me at the moment.

Comment

I need an action game and torn between Samurai Warriors and Rayman. I just know Rayman will be £20 within couple of weeks but I do have fond memories of that game on Dreamcast

Comment

Pilotwings is great. It's wonderful just flying around, but there's just not enough to it. I think with launch games you want stuff that's going to last to tide you over to the next releases. Ridge Racer, Street Fighter and especially recon do just that. If you were ordering from Tesco and got Pilotwings for a tenner then I'd wholeheartedly recommend it. There's just not much there for a full price release unfortunately. It's still great fun, just incredibly slight.

Comment

A tenner from Tesco you say? If that's in store it might be worth switching...

Comment

It's an online deal as far as I know mate. Buy a 3DS for 197 and get any launch game for a tenner.

Comment

How long till the 3ds sells out in uk I wonder, is it likely to be days or weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                                It's an online deal as far as I know mate. Buy a 3DS for 197 and get any launch game for a tenner.
                                You can get it delivered to a store so you can pick it up and when I ordered mine I used the code TDX-KG4T to get a tenner off but I'm don't know if it's still valid.Also just saw another code on Savygamer for Asda for a fiver off bringing their price down to £182 ASDA5.
                                Last edited by ruarai; 20-03-2011, 09:59. Reason: Iphone

Comment

Working...
                                X