Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rock Band 3 - Rock it man, piano introduced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brats View Post

Tracks that wouldn't have made sense without the keyboard would be nice, like Justice, Basement Jaxx, Friendly Fires and late seventies Bowie.
    Now that would be awesome. There's def roomn for a more modern dancey vibe to some of the RB songs.

Comment

I dont want any crappy dance music, theres plenty of that on DJ Hero and thats, well, crappy becuase I dont find it fun to play that type of music.

I want proper rock music, its called ROCK BAND not RANDOM BAND.

The closest I'd want to dance tunes would be some Mad Capsule Markets tracks, or some other crazy japaneese techno metal. That would be nice.
      Last edited by rmoxon; 10-06-2010, 11:51.

Comment

I was hyped for this, but I'm kind of deflated now. I'm not convinced by my first look at the keyboard gameplay and that tracklisting is very lacklustre. Having said that Rock Band 2 had a less than satisfactory tracklisting from me, but the value was the D/L content. At least all my other music will work with it though

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
          I dont want any crappy dance music, theres plenty of that on DJ Hero and thats, well, crappy becuase I dont find it fun to play that type of music.
          That's fair enough, but DJ Hero doesn't really do electronic music justice as it's about mixing tracks rather than playing the music. It's a great game, but the Daft Punk tracks are kinda disappointing next to the hip-hop and more traditional mash ups.

But Aerodynamic on Rock Band 3 would be all kinds of awesome. And there's lots of music with an electronic slant that is still 'rock' like late Seventies Bowie, Animal Collective, early New Order/Joy Division, the Horrors and MGMT.

Comment

The problem i have is i will have to buy the US version of the game so my DLC works as i bought the first 2 from the states, and then will have to buy the instuments here, im hoping they will all sell seperately as i wont wont the UK game, im thinking it will be a bundle like the original Rockband was.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
              What about a real guitar? Drums with cymbals that where you have to hit the right cymbal/drum to score. A better designed career mode. Seven players at once. Drop-in drop-out gameplay. Better song filtering.

I mean, what do you want!
              Some people won't be happy until they take the Rock out of the game, lol.

Looks great to me. More of the same, in this instance, isn't a bad thing; add in the improved instruments, it could be great. Looking forward to seeing the "real" guitar and how it all works. That's one piece of kit I may buy. And really hoping they make the effort to get all previous songs up to spec (harmonies, Pro mode, keyboard where appropriate) though I think that's probably too hopeful. Still, Cherub Rock on a real guitar is enticing

Complaints about the songs are null and void - if you don't want the game purely because of Bohemian Rhapsody, you have No Taste, and are far too serious. Because nothing will top the harmony hilarity in that.

It's a regular occurance with music titles, complaints about the song choices. They tend to be quite broad, and there's plenty there I'd not choose myself, but that's besides the point. They'll all be fun to play I'm sure, and the game lives through DLC where you can pick and choose. Of course all the songs will be there to use the keyboard. The only thing about that I don't like, is I guess it means we'll get nothing from Appetite For Destruction.

Going to be a blast, fully backwards compatible with the hundreds of songs I've downloaded already. Can't wait

Comment

This looks so cool. My PS3 guitar is on the way out from overuse and I'm no allowed to use Mrs Teddy's Hofner bass and I couldn't find a PS3 Rickenbacker.

Keyboard, awesome! BoRhap! Amazing!

And all my current DLC works too. Any chance it will be retroactively made keyboard compatible?

Comment

That would be nice, but I doubt it. Although some recent tracks like Lady Gaga would obviously benefit from keyboards so maybe a few bits of recent DLC will include it.

Comment

Im glad they've implemented the keyboard so well. When you see it sideways scrolling it really is the only natural way it could have been done without compromising on the experience.

This is a day one purchase for me. I've got up to expert on drums in RB2 and own the ION kit so if they're moving to three cymbals and a pro mode my game-play is there waiting for me. My mrs is a rather deft pianist as well so she will surely take to the keyboard instantly.

Other than that the tracklist is good but does it matter, surely they will have to go back and update the DLC tracks from the past couple of years anyway and the sheer volume out now means there is something for everyone.

Comment

As unfair as it is, what initially gave us hesitation about Mad Catz and Squier's Stratocaster Pro guitar controller was that, well, it's Fender's second-tier brand. Despite these prejudices from our youth, Harmonix pretty much sold us on it with one pretty badass trick: the ability to simultaneously play Rock Band 3 on Pro Expert and rock the same tune through an amplifier. Bonus: in the presentation we saw, extra notes and added fills didn't seem to affect score. So, that just about turns the uncanny valley of plastic peripherals on its head. Just make sure you crank your TV's sound system to 11 to not be drowned out from what's likely an even worse screw-up sound. See for yourself in the video after the break (caution: a few naughty words contained within).%Gallery-95362%

Vid of RB3 with the real Strat.

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          That's awesome
                          Very very very very cool.

Comment

Wowzers that's a whole new ball game, very cool indeed.

Comment

I am hoping that this will make me remember how to play a real guitar

Comment

Missed that in all the e3 news, looks amazingly well implemented.

Another video here showing expert pro mode - http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/object...=6lk42d9tg917b

Comment

Working...
                                X