No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there no way to lose the sign in messages but keep the GEES messages?

Comment

Bats.

In ANY game in which they feature, they tend to be the most annoying enemies you will encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
        Bats.

In ANY game in which they feature, they tend to be the most annoying enemies you will encounter.
        Well, not ANY game...

Comment

Bosses that have health bars (which I take as a guide to see how much you have to attack them to beat them) that don't actually mean anything.

Case in point the Castlevania game on the 360. Your fighting a certain boss, and you destroy his health bar only for him to change form and get another full bar. You get rid of that only for him to still be alive. Utter ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
            Bosses that have health bars (which I take as a guide to see how much you have to attack them to beat them) that don't actually mean anything.

Case in point the Castlevania game on the 360. Your fighting a certain boss, and you destroy his health bar only for him to change form and get another full bar. You get rid of that only for him to still be alive. Utter ****.
            Yeah, i seem to remember a boss in Wu-tang: Taste the pain with 5 energy bars. Why??

Comment

The DLC model.

When this was announced everyone was worried that developers would make the game as usual and then take stuff out and charge us for it afterward. I remember listening to multiple gaming podcasts discussing the potential nightmare scenario. The developers of course assured us this wasn't the plan at all....

Fast forward a few years and we're actually in this situation and all just bending over and taking it. EA putting DLC on the stores before the game is even in the shop and letting you buy your way to better weapons. Shame on us for letting them get away with it.

To date I have never bought any DLC for a single player game. I did buy extra Socom maps though.

Comment

The thing with DLC is that it does sell, and it does result in more profits for the developer than a purely retail only product does.

So it's not going to go away until people stop buying it.

And with stuff like Shivering Isles, Lair of the Shadow Broker and Gay Tony out there, it's not like every DLC is a scam.

Comment

Proper DLC I have no problem with. What annoys me is when they don't even try to hide the fact that here's some stuff that was in the game (sometimes still is, just locked out) that we want you to pay extra for. I know it'll only get worse too and there's nothing I can do about it except don't buy games that do this shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                    Fast forward a few years and we're actually in this situation and all just bending over and taking it. EA putting DLC on the stores before the game is even in the shop and letting you buy your way to better weapons. Shame on us for letting them get away with it.

To date I have never bought any DLC for a single player game. I did buy extra Socom maps though.
                    People will always cheat. Buying your way up the ladder of progression suits that sort of person and the publisher, so it'll keep happening. I'm as disgusted with abuse of the DLC model though, especially if you're paying to unlock something that's already on the disc.

Comment

I remember when games had cheat codes. Codes that let you get more money, extra lives and whatnot. Now you have to pay real money for those options. Disgusting.

Comment

I get really annoyed when a publisher releases a game that they know damn well is not ready for release. It is really baffling, because it can only destroy the credibilty of a series. Given that the said game was intended to be a reboot, this is even more of a problem. Moreso because the said game had clear potential, some really good ideas. Really Sega, if you'd of given them 6 more months of time, maybe you wouldn't be trying to rebuild a francise right now.

I am currently replaying Sonc Heroes (on PC, with 16x AA/AF no less), and whilst we all had a good moan about the game at the time, in retrospect it was rather good. Disappointing after Sonic Adventure 2, but it was supremely polished, and the level design shows real imagination. Spoiled by the fact that all 4 'teams' have the same levels. I suppose you have to experience the worst to recognise the stengths of the rest.
                        Last edited by sj33; 08-01-2011, 20:02.

Comment

erghhh ...pc gaming can be a irk ..decided to install dawn of war 2 ..however will not install until i have logged into steam...forgot my password not been on it in ages ..requested a password by email never arrived tried a few more times still nothing

to be honest its one of those vicious ironys that i now know why people pirate stuff if it avoids all this hassle

Comment

another irk is trailers for games that show no game footage whats so ever there just there to tell you the game exisits...which in most cases was known well in advance

Comment

Updates, updates, updates, updates, updates, updates, updates, updates, updates.

Fed up with the updates.

Comment

oh yeah every time i am on xbox live and starting a game always seems there is a new update

Comment

Working...
                                X