Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Updates, updates, updates, updates, updates, updates, updates, updates, updates.

Fed up with the updates.
    Agreed. Me "want to play Playstation" can turn on machine and be in game in a minute. Playstation "before you play you need a systemupdate" 21 minutes later plays game grrrr. Even more annoying, when the game also needs an update after that!

Comment

Just went through the same bloody thing trying to access the PSN store on my PSP. Your battery is low, and so on. A pox on you, updates! A pox!

Comment

Little jingles that play every. time. you. die. It's like they're laughing at you.

Comment

Scientists being killed behind bulletproof glass, monsters and NPCs that are invincible until they've finished their scripted sequence.

It's been 13 years since the first in game cutscenes were introduced in Half Life 1 and they're still using the exact same techniques in games.

Comment

Just played through the first Dead Space and it's full of that. "Oh, the door is locked, you say? Strange. Perhaps it will open after I die a hideous death. You never know." It kind of works though. Serves it's purpose but does feel all too convenient and does detract from immersion when the contrivances are obvious.

Comment

irk of doom 3 was ...oh there is a armour in the middle of a open room...could this possibly be a trap (sarcasm)

Comment

There were plenty of irks with Doom 3 though:
                • Lots of backtracking
                • Game being too dark to get you to use that flashlight
                • Enemies jumping out of secret panels all the time
                • Enemies actually manage to be unsatisfying to kill
                • Those PDAs having no subtitles. Great game development win this - having to listen to a load of waffle on the off-chance a door/locker code gets mentioned is extremely tedious, plus it immediately eliminates people who are hard of hearing by ensuring they can't progress through the game! (Although maybe that's not such a bad thing...)
                • Those bloody lockers being everywhere and usually full of junk you don't need (except if you decide to skip one... then it would have contained something very useful)

And so on. Needless to say I thought the game was utter rubbish, and I like my FPS.

Comment

Scary though innit!

Comment

erghh another irk...why on earth do the xbox 360 plug and play kits last no time at all

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Just went through the same bloody thing trying to access the PSN store on my PSP. Your battery is low, and so on. A pox on you, updates! A pox!
                      Drives me mental when you get the same error when the mains charger is actually plugged in and have to wait for it to charge up some hours later!

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                        erghh another irk...why on earth do the xbox 360 plug and play kits last no time at all
                        ?? What are you doing to them?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          ?? What are you doing to them?
                          I've had two that do the same thing.

You charge them but after not too long the battery last minutes so you have to play with it connected the whole time.

Comment

dunno why this irks me but the noise of arcade joysticks and the home versions of arcade joysticks

especially when people are hitting them really hard

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                              especially when people are hitting them really hard
                              Worst thing about watching Youtube videos from fighting game tournaments if they're not recording as a direct feed off the telly.

Clicky clicky CLICKY.

Weird that I don't hear it at all when I'm actually playing though. Maybe it's because most of these things are recorded on mobile phones, so the noise from the sticks is more easily picked up than the sound from the tv which is further away (very short falloff on a mobile's mic, far shorter than human hearing)

Comment

Non saveable DRM security encrypted PS3 save files...

In particular, I'm looking at you Demons Souls (amongst others)

Nearly 200 hrs and YLoD means that i can no longer dip in with my levelled chars on my new system as the save file will not copy over. F*cking utterly ridiculous. I understand the cheating mechanism this is supposed to prevent but for christs sakes, its my save file that i want to use. Quite why Sony have had to encrypt their HDD's with software so f*cking alien, even Sony can't decrypt it is beyond me. Perhaps they thought that by giving the consumer the ability to actually backup their disks by connecting to a PC like MS with the 360 was just faaaaar to simple an idea.

For these reasons alone i am sorely sorely tempted to just bin my new slim PS3 and just keep my 360.

Irk/rant over

Comment

Working...
                                X