No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've quit 360 now, and will rarely be using my PS3 as I got a PC again so I'd like to wave goodbye to them.

GameCube ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Updates, updates, updates, updates, updates, updates, updates, updates, updates.

Fed up with the updates.
      This. 20 minutes before I could play GT5 last night.

Still, gave me a chance to play some Espgaluda although my new TV is too big to fit on the awesome bracket I had for my 32" philips so I can't spin it into TATE mode anymore :-(

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        oh yeah every time i am on xbox live and starting a game always seems there is a new update
        That'll be because the latest dashboard update changed the way in which title updates are stored, so it's having to regrab them all again.

Besides, it's no more than a few seconds updating a game on 360. Can be hours on the PS3.

Comment

oh yeah on ps3 ...updates were huge wasent the last GT5 one over 600mb ?

Comment

680MB. Half an hour from inserting the disc to playing the game if install times are also accounted for. Enough time for a cup of tea, like the Speccy days.

Comment

Swamp stages. For some reason they bore me to death and are often tedious.

I can't think of one good swamp stage on any game.......ever!

Comment

Swamp Witch level on Death Smiles

Comment

Arrggh.

I have been trying to avoid that game but it keeps popping it's head up! even in this random thread!

I used to be into shooters but this gen I have stopped playing them. I was toying with the idea of buying this PAL but I might get the twitchy thumb back and crave more.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                    The DLC model.

When this was announced everyone was worried that developers would make the game as usual and then take stuff out and charge us for it afterward. I remember listening to multiple gaming podcasts discussing the potential nightmare scenario. The developers of course assured us this wasn't the plan at all....

Fast forward a few years and we're actually in this situation and all just bending over and taking it. EA putting DLC on the stores before the game is even in the shop and letting you buy your way to better weapons. Shame on us for letting them get away with it.
                    Totally with you on the DLC irk. Can not stand it!

99.9% of the content being sold should have been part of the game in the first place. I mean, in Prince of Persia 08 they removed the ending of the game to sell as DLC... the freakin' ending.

What's worse is the generation who?ve been brought up with the 360 and PS3 will think this is perfectly acceptable, which will no doubt result in a downward spiral of more and more things being removed to sell at a later date.

It?s the worst thing to happen to gaming in my memory.

Comment

playing enslaved and im on the ending. The missus said to me "check the rice in 10-15 minutes".

5 Minutes later and im in the middle of the final cut scene and i smell burning, i leave it as long as i can befroe having to run to the kitchen to turn the cooker off, come back upstairs to see the credits rolling on by.

Damm you unpauseable/unskipable cut scenes. Ended up watching the ending on youtube brefore realising later on i could just play the final scene again.

bri

Comment

a irk of mine is when you get certain DLC's or limited editions but only with certain suppliers or versions of the game

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                          Swamp stages. For some reason they bore me to death and are often tedious.

I can't think of one good swamp stage on any game.......ever!
                          The one in Demon's Souls was pretty good...

I hated the level, it was dreary as hell and creeped me out, but that's what it was designed to do so I'd consider that good.

Comment

The one in Lara Croft Guardian of Light was ok, especially in co-op.

Comment

AI characters, been playing HL2 and at some points you have a squad of them following you, and you're climbing a stairs or trying to get through a door. Or just shooting at stuff and they are just in your damn way.

I have no idea how you'd implement it differently because they are going to get into your way regardless. Annoying though definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                                The one in Demon's Souls was pretty good...

I hated the level, it was dreary as hell and creeped me out, but that's what it was designed to do so I'd consider that good.
                                The one in Demon Souls is one of the stages I had in mind. haha. Man I hated that stage. Music during the final boss in that stage was it's saving grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X