No announcement yet.

PSthree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is hideous! And back to glossy too, bad move...

Comment

Why can't Sony realise that nobody wants a console that you can't stack stuff on top of!

Comment

I don't think the 16gb is a typo obviously the smallest they can get away with like a 4gb xb360s
        Maybe they will enable USB installing for games like it, either way it's gonna be cheap (or it's for developing countries maybe)

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Why can't Sony realise that nobody wants a console that you can't stack stuff on top of!
          Like everything except the first PS2? And the 3DO, I guess.

Edit:
          On the last image, it looks like a part of the top cover is to be slid to the left manually, to put the disc in. Horrendously inelegant if that's the case.

And 16GB memory only? No MGS4 then.
          Last edited by JSR; 14-07-2012, 00:54.

Comment

Perhaps it's non-loading?

Comment

If that's the case then having half the top slightly higher than the other side is a crime.

Comment

Good spot alex, it does look like a side slider style loader, very odd if it is but of course cheaper. Couple that with 16gb if true (still have 40gb console myself) then this could be a very cheap model.

Comment

Man that it ridiculously ugly.

Comment

It looks like a 70s plastic footrest

Comment

FUGLY!!

The pstwo was a beautiful piece of consumer electronics, whoever the hell gave the go ahead for this monstrosity needs chucking down a flight of stairs

Comment

I know they always look better in the flesh but that is a state.

Comment

Personally I would never stack anything on top of my console for fear of somebody moving it and scuffing what is underneath. Being smaller this could have been hidden away nicely, top loading kind of ruins that, I think they are definitely going for the cheapo model to compete with the 360. I'll still buy it though if it is cheap, at the end of the day it will work the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                            On the last image, it looks like a part of the top cover is to be slid to the left manually, to put the disc in. Horrendously inelegant if that's the case.
                            Oh my days i just noticed that one half of the lid is raised on one side. Surely they wouldnt go for such a cheap and nasty loading system?

Mind you the ps2 slim wasnt much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                              No USB on back = lame-o.
                              No four front USB ports = lame-o. It's hardly something that would break anyone's bank to add two more USB ports.
                              I wouldn't really mind the design if there wasn't the corrugated and uneven part right int he centre of the console, though there are lot of details and uneven edges that scream prototype, maybe they'll change design a little after som many backlashes.

Comment

Ok, so this isn't totally accurate, but here's an initial comparison:

This only took a couple of minutes in Preview, so take it as it is....

Anyway, looks like the footprint is about the same, I can't imagine it's any less deep. The height is the only real noticeable difference.

As for the slide-top Blu-Ray drive, I think it's hideous and cheap. Sony used the same slide-top on the Bravia KDL-22PX300 TV/PS2 combo which looked terrible. They could have at least gone for a well designed pop-top that would have complimented the design. But try explaining to the finance dept why it's worth an extra 0.03? per unit to have a nicer looking drive cover.....

Comment

Working...
                                X