No announcement yet.

PSthree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a funny way Sony have done me a huge favor by making this new unit rather ugly in that it saves me money by me not actually wanting one had it been a realy nice, sexy kind of design i would have found it difficult to resist

Comment

I still think it may not even be released here.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

What if it's a motorised slide? That'd transform it from lame slidey mechanism to coolest thing ever

Mind you, maybe it's sliding so that you don't need as much clearance above it to put a disc in?

Either way I'm intrigued, not least because I can't envisage a manual sliding mechanism that would feel like luxury, unless they're moving into more functional territory to save money, which I think they can safely do now that PS3 is properly established, like how the E1000 PSP is all matte and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
          What if it's a motorised slide? That'd transform it from lame slidey mechanism to coolest thing ever

Mind you, maybe it's sliding so that you don't need as much clearance above it to put a disc in?

Either way I'm intrigued, not least because I can't envisage a manual sliding mechanism that would feel like luxury, unless they're moving into more functional territory to save money, which I think they can safely do now that PS3 is properly established, like how the E1000 PSP is all matte and stuff.
          Pretty sure it's the latter. The people who don't already own a PS3 doesn't care about how (ugly) it looks, just about its price. And if this can knock it down 50 - or maybe even 100 quid - then it will generate lots of sales.
          Last edited by JSR; 14-07-2012, 18:10.

Comment

That looks like a chinese fake!

Comment

Ew...

To be fair though both the standard and slim PS3 look like a dogs dinner.

Comment

At least the current slim is matte. That's a step up from the cheap shiny plastic nonsense of the first one.

Comment

Sony will not announce the much-rumoured "super slim" PS3-4000 model at Gamescom, a new report suggests. The PlayStatio…

Word is that the announcement of the new super slim model will miss Gamescom as Sony still needs to clear its stock of the current PS3 Slim model. Rumour is that the 16GB model will release for as low as ?99

Comment

Don't you mean as low as $99? In theory that means we should be looking at less than ?99, but of course we all know what the painful reality will be. Not that I'd pay even the correct rate of exchange for this plastic abortion.

I thought Sony were meant to be in some sort of financial trouble? How on earth is this going to do anything other than worsen the situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                      I thought Sony were meant to be in some sort of financial trouble? How on earth is this going to do anything other than worsen the situation?
                      Maybe it is just a blu ray player. Maybe gaming is the final thing they have removed from the PS3 to lower the cost.

Comment

I wouldn't have bothered if they added stuff to it, never mind take it away (and yes, I am aware you weren't being serious). It really isn't competitively priced for such a pathetically small amount of storage, despite the fact that the cheapest model of 360 only has 4GB as that can have its storage upgraded easily. Will this offer the same capability?

Comment

I'd imagine it'll have an empty HDD bay, and 4GB of flash memory TBH.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

My slim might be dying. If J0e's right this'd suit me fine as I can put the drive in this instead. I'll just hide it in a cabinet somewhere if it looks too revolting ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                              My slim might be dying. If J0e's right this'd suit me fine as I can put the drive in this instead. I'll just hide it in a cabinet somewhere if it looks too revolting ;-)
                              Which slim do you have? I thought it was only the discontinued 250GB that had problems?

Comment

I think it was a 120. It's got a 600 gig drive in there now. It went through a phase of shutting itself down and leaving me with a flashing red dot above the power button. I have since vacuumed all the dust our (there was a fair bit of it!) and the family haven't reported any problems since but I'm still wary. When i exited PLayTV yesterday the system locked up to the point that only a pull of the power lead could get it back to life i.e. holding the PS3 power button down did nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X