Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a wisker away from buying one for monster hunter, but it annoyed me that they have left out online for the 3ds version when they could clearly add it easily...and it made me think **** you nintendo, i aint going to buy a system just to avoid a crippled online system for the 3ds version of MH.

I'm going to wait for wind waker now, it will be even cheaper by then, and a few decent games will be available by that time.

Comment

I kinda think that is Nintendo's attitude too... they know the console will sell when their games come out, whether it be Wind Waker HD or more importantly Mario Kart or Smash Bros....

But at the same time I imagine they thought New Mario Bros U would carry the same weight as old....

Im definitely not doubtful of how utterly awesome the Wii U is, but Nintendo seriously need to communicate that to the masses asap.
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Is 3DS version reckoned to be an 'improvement' in any way - anyone know? Any concessions to progression given that local-only MP means this basically now has to be played as a single player game?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          Is 3DS version reckoned to be an 'improvement' in any way - anyone know? Any concessions to progression given that local-only MP means this basically now has to be played as a single player game?
          Not sure but i think it was bubbles who said it was at its best by far in online mode...as an experience i guess.

Wii U - 60FPS 1280x720 Online
          3ds - 30fps 400x240 Local multiplayer only

Other than this i dont think there is any difference.

Comment

Well you do have G rank monsters and some new additions, but apart from that its Tri suped up, nothing beats taking down say a silver rath or a deviljo in 4P co-op.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
              nothing beats taking down say a silver rath or a deviljo in 4P co-op.
              I guess that sums it up then....essential.

Comment

Yup single player is good, but you just can't beat that 4P co-op feeling, it how it was meant to be played.

Comment

The WiiU and 3DS games are identical by the system. And the WiiU version runs in 1080p by the way.

If you have not played before and just try to get into it offline you may not stick with it long, but take it online with some of us more experienced hunters and you'll see why we love it.

MH4 on the 3DS is 100% confirmed to be online playable remember, it's just a shame Capcom weren't thinking when they made the 3DS version back in 2011.

Comment

For anyone tempted I was in Grainger Games (In store) yesterday and the basic (8GB) were on special for ?179 new

Comment

I'm going to pick one up when i get paid this month. I had no interest in one of these until i saw Lego City Undercover. What a strange time that a lego game would make me purchase a new console.

Comment

Is Punch-Out!! out yet? Is it 60hz?
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Think tomorrow for europe .

Comment

20th I thought.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Here's the release schedule for the 30p VC games from nintendo.co.uk

21st February: F-Zero (Super NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 22nd March)
                              21st March: Punch-Out!! (NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 19th April)
                              18th April: Kirby’s Adventure (NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 17th May)
                              16th May: Super Metroid (Super NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 14th June)
                              13th June: Mario & Yoshi (NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 12th July)
                              15th July: Donkey Kong (NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 13th August)

Comment

Anyone know what time they're available from?

Comment

Working...
                                X