This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii U - thread 3

previous http://www.bordersdown.net/threads/1...ii-U-(Thread-2!)

The Rayman Legends Challenges app will be released for free on the Wii U eShop this Thursday, 25th April, Nintendo has …

Rayman Legends Challenges will launch for free on eshop this Thursday

Comment

Well that should make up for being completely dicked over by Ubisoft

Comment

Is the firmware update out yet? I know the VC launches tomorrow, but I could surely use the speeded up menu today.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I think it might come as one update.

All in all, tomorrow will be legendary.

Comment

How many will brick I wonder

Comment

I've estimated the number to be

U*(P+W+C/Uc+B/Ub)*I/T

Where U is the total number of WiiU owners, P the chance of a power outage mid-update, W the overall reliability of the wiring in the household, C the number of Children, Uc the number of owners with children, B the number of units of alcohol consumed by the partner of the owner, Ub the number of owners with partners, I the total number of units of alcohol consumed by the owner, and T the relative patience of the owner.

Comment

Which brings me to the Wii U. Regulars at CVG might be aware that I talk down the console's chances in the most definitive language possible whenever asked. Well, from the things I'm hearing, there's a chance I'll soon be added to the reject bin of crazy talking twitter twonks pretty soon.

Hopefully, if we obtain further details from our sources, we'll be in a position to explain more to you soon. But, for now, put it this way: In the past two years there have been moments of disquiet regarding the 3DS and - like an instant magic trick - Nintendo has put an end to this with sudden reveals of significant games that went on to become star performers at Christmas.

Edit:

And a Splinter Cell trailer :-)

The WiiU version of Splinter Cell Blacklist will bring you exclusive features thanks to the Gamepad. Check them all out in this trailer!YOUR RULES. YOUR WAY....
                Last edited by Adam Stone; 22-04-2013, 20:05.
                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Latest is:

Update Thursday.
                  VC Friday.

Also!!!! Miiverse for PC and Phones this week as an Update bonus! Hell yes :-)

Comment

It's rather telling that, six months in, what Wii U owners have to get excited about is the upcoming speedier menu and VC - two elements that should have been implemented at launch. As a Nintendo fan it makes me sad.

Comment

No sadness here :-)

On a slightly related note I do personally love how Nintendo are taking a personal approach to improving their system. Not by guess work, but by actually getting feedback from the community. That in itself is MASSIVELY rare, and yet people dismiss that as trivial? Seems strange to me.

Wii U hasnt had an easy ride these past 6 months (yep, it hasnt been out for long at all...) yet i'm massively, hugely excited for the future - the next upcoming months even.

Should be a very exciting forthcoming year for the system. I imagine there are going to be many people eating their hats

Comment

I'll gladly eat my hat because I really want a reason to buy the system.

I know times have changed and maybe I'm living in the past, but releasing a system without a AAA game just seems silly. It's a games machine.

Comment

I agree. As soon s MK is released and the advertising ramps up it will be a success though. Next time it's under ?200 AND I have ?200 spare then I will go for it.

Comment

Wii U is gonna pwn. Heed these words. MH3U is easily the best game released this year. You can keep your Generic 3rd Person Adventure 72 IMO. The next gen "Real Consoles" are gonna have some catching up to do I reckon.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

PS3 1.0 firmware... I doubt many of you even had it. It wasn't good. Not by a long shot.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X