• Show
Clear All

Worth it.

Comment

Doh didnt know that! Seems daft.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
        Doh didnt know that! Seems daft.
        Sorry, I made that up to reflect how pointless Wii games on Wii-U gamepad are.

Comment

Can't believe people fell for that ZM.

Hope Capcom show Europe some love and give us 50% off Nintendo Resident Evil titles this week too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
            Nintendo announce Wii games streaming on the 3DS, but you have to use the wiimote and sensor bar.
            Baaaahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D View Post
              I will be expecting detailed, essay length impressions.
              Okay so after a small queue I was able to get a play on this.

The version they had I should imagine was the same as the one at Eurogamer and also E3.

The demo had two weapons presets, either guns on hands/feet or twinswords on hands and the whip on feet - attempting to bring up the menu simply gave you a demo related page with game controls on the Wii U gamepad.

One thing I noticed is that you can bind items to your dpad - left, right and up. Holding down the button for a short amount of time will activate that item, the demo had 3 different lollipops.

One thing that sort of reeked of unbalance is the Umbran Climax mechanic. Reminded me of the Climax Brace although it seemed, though it may simply have been the demo at work, to be extremely plentiful with no real repercussions that I could see.

Performance wise the game ran really smooth, really happy with that aspect at least. Was if I was playing Bayonetta on the Xbox 360, not the rubbish PS3 version as I am right now.

I noticed that you had After Burner Kick from the get go, not a huge thing though. Seemed to give a bounce of kind? Can't recall if the first game did that.

Twinswords seem to have similar properties to the first game's Shuraba (Katana) in that you can charge and the "weaves" are blade like.

Demo was pretty brief and I was kicked off before you fight the weave monster at the end of the chapter due to the queue so can't really comment on that although the supervisor changed as I was playing and my friend was allowed to play that part. Seemed to work pretty nicely, looked kinda like Panzer Dragoon or something in terms of movement although I was only watching so wasn't so sure.

I scored pretty badly in terms rating but I'll blame that on playing on their bad LCD displays.

Wicked fun though, genuinely cannot wait for this game and am going to be investing some more time in the first game again!

Comment

Nintendo have dropped the price of the Wii U in Japan and also give you some family **** software and Mario Wii u. They know they are in trouble and with the new gen coming they will really need to fight. You only need to walk in to any used game store here and find what looks like an unlimited supply of used Wii U units. My local hard off has 37 of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Nintendo have dropped the price of the Wii U in Japan and also give you some family **** software and Mario Wii u. They know they are in trouble and with the new gen coming they will really need to fight. You only need to walk in to any used game store here and find what looks like an unlimited supply of used Wii U units. My local hard off has 37 of them!
                  Not really surprising though, Japanese third party support is even more abysmal than western dev support and with the direction the Japanese game industry is heading I don't see that ever improving, no matter how much better the system does.

Comment

Rayman Legends was the second best-selling Wii U title in Japan during the week of October 14th. Sadly, that’s not saying much. Dengeki Online reports (via ASCII Media Works) Rayman Legends sold just 1,435 copies in its debut week at retail. Nintendo published Rayman Legends as a Japanese Wii U exclusive on October 17th. Dengeki’s data period ended on the...

Ouch! I know it's Japan but Rayman Legends is excellent, deserved better than to sell just 1,500 copies. Especially considering it's a Nintendo-published Wii U exclusive in Japan.

Much nicer boxart too, might be worth picking up as a future collectors item, could become quite the rarity.

Last edited by Pikate; 29-10-2013, 05:52.

Comment

That's because Japanese only make/play games like this these days:

Comment

I'm getting Japanese Rayman Legends - looks ace!

EDIT: Further (more interesting, I hope) thoughts:

The fact that Nintendo published this title and Ubisoft didn't, says a lot.

I doubt Ubisoft wanted to pay the localisation costs for Japan. I imagine Rayman doesn't do gang-busters in Japan but Nintendo (whose lineup in Japan is worse than in the US or Europe) really need some good games there.

Nintendo pay for the localisation and publishing costs for Rayman Legends in Japan, Ubisoft doesn't mind, they got paid - no risk to them and their IP gets a new outing in Japan. It sells badly, 1500 copies, Ubisoft doesn't mind that either.

The only loser here is Nintendo - and I don't think ultimately they mind either.
                        Reason being, Rayman Legends isn't going to be a console shifter in Japan - but it is filling out a very empty release schedule.

The only games released on Wii U this month (disc or download releases) were Sonic Lost World and Rayman Legends (not counting eShop only titles) - so I see Rayman's release as (a very welcome) filler, in the Japanese schedule.
                        Last edited by InvisibleKid; 29-10-2013, 07:49.

Comment

I get the impression that Nintendo weren't pushing it very hard.

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid
                            The only loser here is Nintendo - and I don't think ultimately they mind either.
                            Oh gee lucky we filled out that release schedule with that game that we had to localise ourselves that sold eight copies

Comment

I'm not sure they would.
                              Nintendo have huge cash reserves. It's worth localising a game (that noticeably doesn't have huge amounts of text) so that you can add more games to your release schedule and have more things to offer to the loyal fanbase. Over time, the loyal fanbase/core are very important.

Comment

I bet ubisoft are glad they didn't publish it in jpn. On the plus side at least it came out at all and ninty did the right thing long term by releasing a fantastic game. On the downside, 1500 is utterly, devastatingly poor, numbers wise. Is it on the eshop too?

Comment

Working...
                                X