Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just so much more of the same, I'd take pikmin 3 all day Long over those, don't get me wrong I like FIFA, but am so bored with call of duty and I definitely wouldn't call either black ops games in the AAA category

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
      It just so much more of the same, I'd take pikmin 3 all day Long over those, don't get me wrong I like FIFA, but am so bored with call of duty and I definitely wouldn't call either black ops games in the AAA category
      And Pikmin, Mario, Zelda isn't just more of the same ?. Like rmoxon said they're all great games .
      I really don't get why Nintendo fans give MS or SONY a hard time for making sequels to fav IP, but its ok for Nintendo to make endless sequels to their IP

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        And Pikmin, Mario, Zelda isn't just more of the same ?. Like rmoxon said they're all great games .
        I really don't get why Nintendo fans give MS or SONY a hard time for making sequels to fav IP, but its ok for Nintendo to make endless sequels to their IP
        And when was the last time we had a Pikmin game? Ten years ago .. Not once a year .. There is a big difference, even the last proper 3D mario game was three years ago ..

In the end if devs keep on releasing yeary sequels people will tire of it, I know plenty who wouldn't go near another COD game, its been done to death now. Nintendo may use the same tried and tested IP's, but at least they have the common sense to not release one a year, you are lucky to get one a generation.

Comment

And Pikmin, Mario, Zelda isn't just more of the same ?
          There's definitely room to criticise Mario and Zelda for being more of the same, but there's only been two Pikmin games, both of which were actually pretty different in terms of playstyle due to the time limit in 1 and the dungeons in 2. I don't think we've had enough of the same yet...

Comment

I've just got the boy his Wii U. I got him MH3U, COD (his choice), a Pro Controller, and the Turtle Beach headset. It came in at ?300 after trading Nintendoland for the headset. I'm just running the update now, and then I'm going to brainwash him that MH3U is the best thing ever.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
              And when was the last time we had a Pikmin game? Ten years ago .. Not once a year .. There is a big difference, even the last proper 3D mario game was three years ago ..

In the end if devs keep on releasing yeary sequels people will tire of it, I know plenty who wouldn't go near another COD game, its been done to death now. Nintendo may use the same tried and tested IP's, but at least they have the common sense to not release one a year, you are lucky to get one a generation.
              That's Nintendo trouble and its not like there's a big gab between each new Halo or God Of War, plus of course over the last ten years Sony and MS also offer some brand new IP in stark contrast to NCL and it's never ending sequels to Mario and Zelda . Point taken regards to COD, but we all know there's 2 completely separate teams each given some 2 years for their games - so each game does has a different feel and focus and the series doesn't show much sign of slowing down just yet

Over the next few months SONY will bring out the Two Souls , The Last of Us and that's another 2 brand new IP from SONY to add to their list of new IP in-additional to sequels to fav IP, while Nintendo will just offer yet more updates to Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario 3D

Comment

Ordered myself a Wii U this week. Hopefully it'll turn up on Monday and I can see what the fuss is about regarding the gamepad. Looking forward to it. Does anyone know where the best place to get Mario and ZombiU from would be? They should keep me occupied for a while I hope.

Comment

It's Bank Holiday Monday, so it'll likely arrive on Tuesday. CEX for games. Prolly the cheapest place you'll find those two. We had the boy's unit up and running in less than an hour over Wi-Fi earlier. Mine took much longer than that.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Good call on the bank holiday. Didn't realize that. Cheers! I'll take a trip to local CEX tomorrow and see what they have. Hopefully it'll only take an hour for me. I assume it took ages the first time due to more people updating when it was closer to release? I'll be playing Super Metroid properly for the first time as well on this.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                      I'm not sure grid 2 or FIFA 14 , call of duty can be described as AAA In fact there not, and the wii u will have pickling 3 by then, if mario is October then zelda and mario kart then it looks better than the current gens line up I think.
                      Huge budget, massive marketing push, massive sales, top of the charts for weeks.

I'd say those are AAA games.

Doesn't mean they're to everybody's taste but then you didn't specify "good AAA games".

Comment

Nintendo will just offer yet more updates to Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario 3D
                        They make millions worldwide from these franchises, i suppose in modern day speak, they are their fifa, cod and gears of war of the Nintendo world. Personally i'm sick of them them all. I cant see pikmin 3 working too well for them either; i doubt many people under 20 (the wiius biggest user base), even knows what a pikmin is....

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          Huge budget, massive marketing push, massive sales, top of the charts for weeks.

I'd say those are AAA games.

Doesn't mean they're to everybody's taste but then you didn't specify "good AAA games".
                          Well I thought the last COD game to be utter tosh, but COD MW III and well all of IW COD games are just brilliant . I couldn't careless less if its another FPS or what number it has in the title, just as long as the game is fun to play and holds my interest is what counts for me .

They make millions worldwide from these franchises
                          That's not the point . I'm on about some people can hardly have a go at SONY for just offering more of the same and yet praise Nintendo for doing just that and like I said since the last Pikmin SONY have given its users far more orginal new IP than Nintendo.

The biggest offender for offering more of the same and making sequels is Nintendo really. Not that's an issue, when the games are good and imo most of the sequels from Sony and the like are good too.

Comment

Well I thought the last COD game to be utter tosh,
                            Doesn't mean it wasn't AAA though.

Comment

Triple A and triple ****.

Comment

Well got my Wii U Monster Hunter pack on its way now. Should be here Tuesday with any luck. Just need a PS4 or Nextbox (looking like PS4 at the mo), and im all set for the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X