Star Wars Battlefront (EA/DICE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    In truth, they were never particularly fulfilling - it has always been a multiplayer-centric game.

The exception being the PSP one, which was a bit more solo-friendly, but it wasn't a good game overall.
    That's a shame, this looks like it has a lot of potential with all the vehicles, characters and abilities and those graphics are stunning. The GC Rogue Squadron games were simple but worked well and were fun and even added split screen for the second game. If only Star Wars 1313 didn't get cancelled.

Comment

It has a lot of potential - the reason Dice and EA aren't doing it has bugger all to do with concentrating on getting the multiplayer right and everything to do with saving money by not producing the content.

Comment

quite enjoyed it - looks great, authentic sounds/locations , fast and smooth gameplay and the usual FPS mechanics.

not sure what some of you guys were expecting?

Comment

A good game.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            quite enjoyed it - looks great, authentic sounds/locations , fast and smooth gameplay and the usual FPS mechanics.

not sure what some of you guys were expecting?
            The bit I've picked out for us isn't a selling point, though - it's the minimum acceptable requirement. It's like saying a platformer should have good, responsive controls. It's true, but that doesn't make a good platformer - it just means it isn't a **** one.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              The bit I've picked out for us isn't a selling point, though - it's the minimum acceptable requirement. It's like saying a platformer should have good, responsive controls. It's true, but that doesn't make a good platformer - it just means it isn't a **** one.
              what do you think they could add to it to make it better?

it is a beta after all, so hopefully the complete experience will make the package

Comment

I think people expected an SP campaign, a fuller range of MP environments, space combat. Like the earlier games. Instead of a pretty but feature-light placeholder trading-off its nostalgia value for full RRP (featuring lava, forest, snow and desert maps) with ?40 season pass for additional maps. It'll sell like hot cakes regardless, though, as harrassed mums and dads are nagged to death in lead up to Xmas and get it shoved in their face in GAME, not fully realising the deal they're getting. All this makes me a bit sick of our hobby, tbh.
                Last edited by Golgo; 14-10-2015, 10:00.

Comment

Dice already set precedent for a simple game with depth with BF1943 and was also priced appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                    I think people expected an SP campaign, a fuller range of MP environments, space combat. Like the earlier games. Instead of a pretty but feature-light placeholder trading-off its nostalgia value for full RRP (featuring lava, forest, snow and desert maps) with ?40 season pass for additional maps. It'll sell like hot cakes regardless, though, as harrassed mums and dads are nagged to death in lead up to Xmas and get it shoved in their face in GAME, not fully realising the deal they're getting. All this makes me a bit sick of our hobby, tbh.
                    This is kinda what I mean.

Tobal's point up above is very valid. There's quite a lot to BF1943, and that was ?10.
                    Last edited by Asura; 14-10-2015, 11:18.

Comment

I'm gonna go for it and get it but decided to do so via US PSN, saves a few quid

Comment

Footage from the cancelled version

Comment

Comment

It's a shame the beta didn't play like that trailer.

Comment

Power of the Star wars is scary, my brother in law who only plays Fifa was on about how the game looks great until i pointed out to him there is no single player story stuff which was an instant turn off.. seems this games going to trick alot of casual players out there into buying this half baked turd.

Comment

Anyone interested in this should try out halo warzone, plus you get a normal multiplayer plus a single/coop campaign for your money. Looking at it warzone is halos future DLC package. With just 3 maps available at the moment that come with the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X