No announcement yet.

PTE52: Playstation Vita - Two Years On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much Vita love! It's certainly gained some mindshare on here in the last 12 months.

I love mine. Great piece of hardware with some really fun games. Not the broadest or richest library but it's certainly one that suits me.

Comment

For me it's the best handheld console there's ever been, as it's the only one I haven't just thrown in a cupboard after a week. In the last year I've completed loads of games on it, something that I don't generally do on any system these days.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        It doesn't work anymore.
        Really? I use US Netflix (via unblock-us) and that works fine. UK Netflix definitely used to work.

Anyway, the thing to do is to set your vita up as a US one, download netflix, backup the netflix app to PC, format vita and set up as U.K. and then restore the Netflix app.

Comment

It only works if you already had the app. The Vita will no longer start the US Netflix app under anything other than a US account. A recent update was designed exclusively to stop people doing it. It was the first thing I did when I got my 2000 last Saturday, so this is how I know.
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 15-12-2013, 19:39.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

If anyone is running a Japanese account, Dragon's Dogma Quest comes out on Thursday. It's free-to-play. If it's anything like the first game, it'll support English text.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It only works if you already had the app. The Vita will no longer start the US Netflix app under anything other than a US account. A recent update was designed exclusively to stop people doing it. It was the first thing I did when I got my 2000 last Saturday, so this is how I know.
              I'm confused. My Vita is bang up to date and this still works. Maybe they updated the actual Netflix app?

EDIT: I guess you meant the app was updated. I see. So, I could send someone my backup and they could install that?

EDIT EDIT: Why isn't there a UK version anyway? WHY!?

Comment

Send someone your backup of what?
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

When the hell did JSR come out on Vita?
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Send someone your backup of what?
                    Netflix I guess. How did I do it previously?

Comment

When the hell did JSR come out on Vita?
                      Ages ago, and it's awesome.

Comment

Yeah, was cross buy so I've got it myself too, haven't fired it up yet of course.

Comment

Hmmm... are you sure JSR was a cross buy?

Comment

Was for me. Bought it on release for PS3 and was able to download it after getting my Vita. The PS3 one was on PS+ but not the Vita one.

edit: apparently not cross buy...I'm confused.

Okay, it WAS free for PS+ in Nov 2012.
                            Last edited by kryss; 16-12-2013, 20:34.

Comment

Love my vita. I have 39 physical game (just got the le of Ys) and around 30 digital games. It's an amazing system with a fantastic array of titles covering all types of genre. Probably one of my favourite handhelds.

Comment

I love mine. I think it will be derided as a massive failure in future, but I don't care about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X