Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm if that's the case then I might just grab that later on but I'll wait for a confirmation.

Comment

Would also like to know the Xenoblade situation, depending on the Wii pricing (if they want ?35+ they can **** off).

Comment

It works with the gamepad.

20 euros.

Comment

Does it work on the gamepad screen? No TV required? If so, cool.

Comment

I think all Wii games will display on the gamepad without the need for a TV but the question is can it actually be controlled by the gamepad rather than needing a Wii remote?

Comment

eShop doesn't seem to have a listing for Xenoblade as a download.

But I can't actually access the eShop itself to check. I was under the same impression as DoggThang.

Comment

With a U finally preordered i really need to start looking into the stuff i have missed both from Nintendo & 3rd party stuff, i have an entire library of WiiU releases to start picking up. Both taiko games are definites along with fatal frame & 3D world. I have a feeling my collection will rapidly grow once i start.

Comment

What was the final tipping point importaku?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Does it work on the gamepad screen? No TV required? If so, cool.
                    No. Not according to every report I've seen.

Comment

ive found with the first party releases it really is a case of gotta catch em all.

Comment

Importaku was swayed by the Japanese Mario Maker Deluxe console set, I believe.

Wii games display on TV and gamepad I believe, but you still need the Wii peripherals to play them.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Importaku was swayed by the Japanese Mario Maker Deluxe console set, I believe.
                          Ding ding ding we have a winner, mario maker was the game i really want but there's loads in the WiiU library that i want to play just never got around to buying a console as the DS & 3DS were more than enough to keep me occupied. Seeing as i have a framemeister coming i can make everything finally look decent on my tv, scanlines ahoy Will be able to enjoy my wii games again too, also i will be able to enjoy them without the drive sounding like a jetski taking off as my wii drive is shagged out and sounds horrible & super loud.

Looking on Amazon it seems most of the U games i'm after are around the 5000 yen mark or less.
                          Last edited by importaku; 05-08-2015, 15:48.

Comment

They have all the Yarn Yoshi amiibo in stock right now too.

Comment

Amiibo availability generally seems fine in Japan. I was on PA the other night buying something else and they've got Little Mac for like ?8 or something. I thought that was meant to be mindblowingly rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                No. Not according to every report I've seen.
                                All the Wii games on the store that I have seen support off-TV play on the game pad.

But what's interesting here is, according to the description in the store, Xenoblade doesn't require the Wii remote which all the others do to my knowledge. I've just checked and it says the game pad is required. Wii remote is optional.

Comment

Working...
                                X