Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure I agree with the sentiment of too cute for words.

Comment

Yeah, you'd expect better from that great bastion of highbrow and impartial gaming journalism, "NintendoLife"

*Beats Speedy over the head with his own copy of Edge*

Actually is Edge still going? I saw they reviewed Bayonetta 2 10/10 but when I went to read it on their website it seems they stopped updating it months ago and the review is so early I thought it might be to get it in their final issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
        Actually is Edge still going? I saw they reviewed Bayonetta 2 10/10 but when I went to read it on their website it seems they stopped updating it months ago and the review is so early I thought it might be to get it in their final issue.
        Yep. They stopped putting their reviews online so you have to buy the actual magazine if you want to read them.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
          Yep. They stopped putting their reviews online so you have to buy the actual magazine if you want to read them.
          Balls, is Bayonetta 2 at least on the cover? Last time I stood in WHSmiths reading Edge some weird guy started talking to me about something I had no idea about on the cover (Dragon Age 3 or Dark Souls 2 or something...)
          Last edited by Pikate; 10-10-2014, 21:40.

Comment

LOL. Sorry, don't know really. The last issue had Miyamoto on the cover and an interview with him so that was the first issue of EDGE I've bought in years.

Edit: This is the latest issue apparently (horrible, I know):

Comment

Enjoy.

Comment

Oh Speedy You're my fave

Comment

Is Edge even worth reading anymore? I don't think it's been a decent read since the golden age of the Gamecube days.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
                    Is Edge even worth reading anymore? I don't think it's been a decent read since the golden age of the Gamecube days.
                    I could never get into Edge and other than one issue a few months ago I haven't bought one for ages, and that one I bought was classic Edge pomp flavoured with pretention and narcissism... I honestly can't get my head around how they were once held in such high regard. I've read GamesTM since issue one but for the last year or so they've been very poor...

Comment

It's still a good read, and good on them for going back to paper only. Think edge is bad? Have you read any reviews or interviews outside of its pages? Can't think of a single website or other mag I would hold in any sort of regard. We should all be grateful that there's at least one mag that isn't one giant paid for advert, reviews and all, most of the time they have to go out and buy their own copy's just to review something.

Anyway. Absolutely loved the bayonetta2 demo so that's getting purchased soon as I'm back from hols, glad to see edge giving it some love too.
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 11-10-2014, 07:09.

Comment

Actually, I think Polygon nail gaming journalism they. They don't have that easily-bought, popularist and mainstream approach of IGN or Gamestrailers, they're not as fanboy or infantile as things like Nintendo Life and Kotaku and not quite as pretentious as Edge. I do seem to recall Polygon have one journo/reviewer who seems like a douche and courts controversy but he mostly reviews racing games and stuff I never play anyway...

This archive of Famitsu review scores (well 30+ ones) going back to the 80s is also a pretty interesting link, for Wii U at least I think they're bang on: (Bayonetta 2 got a 38/40, i.e. a 9.5)

Comment

Bayonetta got 40/40 in Famitsu.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            Technically it got a 40 and a 38.

Comment

Nah, PS3 version is terrible. That should be like a 30/40.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                What doesn't, rumour has it you can buy 40/40 in famitsu

Comment

Working...
                                X