Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh, thanks. That looks fab. Gonna pop down to Game at lunch because i remember seeing these in there for ?15 but I dismissed it as it's not official. Golds on Bayo 2 you show off. I got 3 stone and a bronze I think lol.

Comment

They are quite popular judging by stuff I've seen on the internet about it. GAME were selling them for ?15 a while back and stock flew off the shelves.

I got mine for ?14.99 from the seller I posted, but the price went up a tenner afterwards- I guess that they are still popular. They are fulfilled by Amazon too so you can always return it

EDIT- I wouldn't bother with GAME, the HUKD crowd found out around the time MK8 came out and they've been cleared out I went looking myself and across 5 stores they said they flew out, with one person buyin lg all three they had >.<
      Last edited by MrKirov; 10-10-2014, 10:09.

Comment

Ah ok mate, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Oooh, thanks. That looks fab. Gonna pop down to Game at lunch because i remember seeing these in there for ?15 but I dismissed it as it's not official. Golds on Bayo 2 you show off. I got 3 stone and a bronze I think lol.
          Gold is nothing, I'm sure dataDave would get Pure Platinum in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Gold is nothing, I'm sure dataDave would get Pure Platinum in a heartbeat.
            Oh yeah, Definately! Wasn't an e-penis thing, I was just saying that the controller was good enough to be able to play the game reasonably well on my first try

Comment

Oh sorry, I thought he was referring to me!

Comment

So let's all be honest, who is the biggest sucker here then? So far on preorder I have:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game - ?39.95
                GameC​ube Cont​rolle​r Adap​ter for Wii U - ?17.99
                2x GameC​ube Cont​rolle​r Supe​r Smas​h Bros​. Edit​ion - ?49.98

Surely one of you has that plus the two extra GC pads and the hardback guide? Maybe even all 18 Amiibos too? (to be fair, I am sure I'll pick up 4 or 5 Amiibos, maybe them all over time because I'm a nerd like that).

I am starting to wonder if Smash Bros. is worth over ?100 to me though... Nintendo execs must be grinning if this game sells well, ?180 for the full Smash setup and ?180+ for the Amiibos. It's more than a PS4 console with a game.
                Last edited by Pikate; 10-10-2014, 13:57.

Comment

For me, $39.99 for the game (heavy pre-order discount from over a year ago)...$270+ for the Amiibos. lol.
                  I may as well get the GC controller adapter, but I have 6-7 GC controllers already so I'm not worried about getting another one.

Comment

I love Smash and have nothing on pre-order.

Comment

Won't be getting smash at all let alone the GC controlers+adapter on launch, will get it in a year or so for multiplayer but won't play it on my own or online. Don't see the point of the GC controlers at all, the wiiu pro controler is superior in every way, why nintendo??

@pikate, is the cost of that set up really worth it to you? Could just get the game and book a flight somewhere cool with what's left over, seems a bit bonkers to me.

Captain toad will be day one

Comment

I'm interested in Smash, but not enough to pay RRP.

Might get the GC to USB now though, in case they go out of production. Already have Cube pads.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          @pikate, is the cost of that set up really worth it to you? Could just get the game and book a flight somewhere cool with what's left over, seems a bit bonkers to me.

Captain toad will be day one
                          Well this is the issue with fan-boy-and-girl-dom. Right now all my gaming is vested in Wii U so as Nintendo's most hyped release of the year I want it. Also the Miiverse posts from Sakurai have me excited and the fanservice/trophies element is up my alley.

Then based on Brawl I'll mostly be enjoying the multiplayer so I need a second controller (I only have a Gamepad, Wii Remote & Super Famicom Classic controller) plus everyone recommends the GC controller for Smash Bros. which will need the adapter so if I'm getting that I may as well get an extra pad for fairness :/

The Amiibos are also quite cute and not too badly priced if I buy them over time... I honestly thought more people here would be excited for Smash! Seems like a real core game. Not that I'm complaining, Bayonetta 2, MK8 DLC and Captain Toad are actually making it a decent holiday period for Wii U owners, which is welcome after a very dry spell earlier in the year.

Comment

I'll probably get the GameCube controller because of my Cube collection and stuff like that. I'll need the console first to buy the game, but I'm gradually getting around to sorting that out before Xmas perhaps...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                              Well this is the issue with fan-boy-and-girl-dom. Right now all my gaming is vested in Wii U so as Nintendo's most hyped release of the year I want it. Also the Miiverse posts from Sakurai have me excited and the fanservice/trophies element is up my alley.

Then based on Brawl I'll mostly be enjoying the multiplayer so I need a second controller (I only have a Gamepad, Wii Remote & Super Famicom Classic controller) plus everyone recommends the GC controller for Smash Bros. which will need the adapter so if I'm getting that I may as well get an extra pad for fairness :/

The Amiibos are also quite cute and not too badly priced if I buy them over time... I honestly thought more people here would be excited for Smash! Seems like a real core game. Not that I'm complaining, Bayonetta 2, MK8 DLC and Captain Toad are actually making it a decent holiday period for Wii U owners, which is welcome after a very dry spell earlier in the year.
                              So glad I don't collect anything anymore.

Re smash, I just can't get excited about it, don't know what it is about this version, I think after melee on the GC I'm smashed out, can't say I enjoyed brawl either. Though to be fair, ninty really seem to be putting their all into this new version so I'll wait and see once it's out.

Just played the Bayonetta2 demo, oh my, now that's how to make a core gamers game platinum!, knocked straight out the park and an instant buy.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 10-10-2014, 19:36.

Comment

Working...
                              X