Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just checked the Argos website and the only version they list is the ?59.99 version with the Mario Amiibo. There's a ?54.99 version too with the GameCube pad adaptor but that's out of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      As my post above. You always had the option of getting from a store. There's plenty of copy's in my local game, smithys toys and Argos, that was without even looking for it.

Or even buying off the wiiU online store, that really is a guarenteed day one, no messing around.

Expecting a guarenteed copy via post is a little unrealistic don't you think?
      In the main ordering online is very convenient and works the majority of the time. If Amazon had let me know at any point this week that there was going to be a problem I would have happily gone elsewhere to secure the items. However they tell me the morning of the day I am meant to receive the item, which is too late.

I think the lateness of this communication, along with fact I've paid extra to have the items on the day of release is very poor service. When you add the fact they offer me a voucher at 3% of the total order, well that just adds makes the situation worse. The compensation should be meaningful or not ordered at all.

Like most the options for buying games is limited to GAME, Toys R Us, Argos or supermarkets near by who in the main have a very poor selection of games. Realistically I wouldn't expect anyone other than GAME to sell the version of the game with the adapter or GameCube controller. They will be reasonably niche items in limited supply.

With regards to the eShop I don't buy digital games off a storefront that locks your purchases to hardware. Even then the game is only part of the order.

Ultimately if an online retailer offers you items on a specific date and you pay extra for that service, then absolutely, I expect better.
      Last edited by Digfox; 28-11-2014, 10:59.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        I've just checked the Argos website and the only version they list is the ?59.99 version with the Mario Amiibo. There's a ?54.99 version too with the GameCube pad adaptor but that's out of stock.
        Exactly. No disrespect to fishbowlhead but not sure the reply was relevant to my post. The GameCube controller for example is not going to be easily obtainable from the high street.
        Last edited by Digfox; 28-11-2014, 11:13.

Comment

Why not just wait for your Amazon order to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
            In the main ordering online is very convenient and works the majority of the time. If Amazon had let me know at any point this week that there was going to be a problem I would have happily gone elsewhere to secure the items. However they tell me the morning of the day I am meant to receive the item, which is too late.

I think the lateness of this communication, along with fact I've paid extra to have the items on the day of release is very poor service. When you add the fact they offer me a voucher at 3% of the total order, well that just adds makes the situation worse. The compensation should be meaningful or not ordered at all.

Like most the options for buying games is limited to GAME, Toys R Us, Argos or supermarkets near by who in the main have a very poor selection of games. Realistically I wouldn't expect anyone other than GAME to sell the version of the game with the adapter or GameCube controller. They will be reasonably niche items in limited supply.

With regards to the eShop I don't buy digital games off a storefront that locks your purchases to hardware. Even then the game is only part of the order.

Ultimately if an online retailer offers you items on a specific date and you pay extra for that service, then absolutely, I expect better.
            To be fair Amazon probably let everyone know the moment they did, they were probably expecting x amount to turn up, pre ordered accordingly, then y amount turned up and was only a third of what they ordered.

Or just get the game on its own, im sure its perfectly playable with the pro controller, i doubt ninty would have programmed in for the analogue triggers on the gc controller anyway.
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 28-11-2014, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Why not just wait for your Amazon order to arrive.
              Because they are estimating 19th December for the Game and Gamecube controller. Nearly a month away. I am a patience chap but even that's a test for me and that's assuming that it does show up before Christmas.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              To be fair Amazon probably let everyone know the moment they did, they were probably expecting x amount to turn up, pre ordered accordingly, then y amount turned up and was only a third of what they ordered.

Your best bet for the amibos and gc controllers + adapter will unfortunately be game i should expect.
              The 2 Amiibo's are on route so they are fine (not sure why Amazon refunded ?1.25 for delivery on Yoshi). I've since ordered the game with adapter and GameCube controller from Nintendo directly so they should arrive by Monday.

Obviously things happen with online retailers and getting stock in on time etc. But that's still bad service and I don't think should go unnoticed.

Comment

Do the analogue triggers even work as proper analogue on the gc controller on wiiu?, i know id doesn't work on anything else apart from smash, not even the wiiu menus.

Comment

Yes they are for Smash only. Would be nice if they patched in the support for other big titles but I doubt they will. I have the other controller options but wanted the pad and adapter partly becuase I'm not sure they will be available for that long. Not sure on the answer to your question either, although I've read that the WiiU Pro controller is good with the game although using the Wavebird on Smash will be good fun.

Comment

My Amazon order with GC controller adaptor arrived today, no issues??

Comment

They could of sorted all this out by just making the pro controller with analogue triggers from he start. As if the controller situation on the wiiU wasnt a joke as it is :/

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                        My Amazon order with GC controller adaptor arrived today, no issues??
                        Hopefully most people got their pre-orders and to be fair the only problems I've had with Amazon previously have been due to a certain inept courier firm. I just think my order in this instance was handled badly and maybe I hadn't pre-ordered early enough for these items becuase there's appears to be limited stock for the adaptor and/or joypad.

Comment

Think im going to pull the trigger and buy a Wii U this weekend. I am thinking about getting the 8GB one as some cracking prices around. If i opt for one of these what are the options as far as storage concerned? Do i have to get external HD or can i install content from the E-Shop, such as games and VC games etc onto SD cards?

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                            Think im going to pull the trigger and buy a Wii U this weekend. I am thinking about getting the 8GB one as some cracking prices around. If i opt for one of these what are the options as far as storage concerned? Do i have to get external HD or can i install content from the E-Shop, such as games and VC games etc onto SD cards?

All I did was bought a decent 64gb usb flash drive, it worked fine when I had mine

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                              All I did was bought a decent 64gb usb flash drive, it worked fine when I had mine
                              Ok and this is fine for installing games and stuff on? Just been reading on the Nintendo page and they dont recommend it. It also says that its best to use external HD with power source but most nowadays are just USB.

Comment

I had preordered the Smash pack with GC adaptor from Amazon, but sadly wavered and cancelled my order earlier in the week. Now I've decided I might want it again, but it seems sold out most places. I have found it for sale on Argos, having not ordered from the previously, how well do they package stuff. Don't want to buy the game and it arrives with game box all battered up. Also if I decided to wait, what chances are there that Nintendo will get decent resupplies of Smash GC adaptor packs out to retailers

Comment

Working...
                                X