No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it is more ridiculous and I think this is why Chun Li is standing out for so many. Pushed proportions and exaggerated frames are not a problem at all (look at the size of Ryu's feet). As pointed out, that comes with the design. Chun Li's frame, however, seems pushed almost at random and she doesn't quite fit with the rest of the characters as a result. Her head looks tiny compared with the giant hands and her legs have reached ridiculous levels. As also pointed out, this isn't new - she started going that way in SF3 (got away with it nicely due to the pixel art style) and then SF4 went all out on it to the point where she sometimes looks like an enemy from Silent Hill:

I don't think 5 is much different but her proportions are really standing out as plain weird. It's like we're looking at her in a funfair mirror.

Comment

You can't even say it's manga. Her legs and hands just look stupidly oversized like she has arcomegaly of the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        SF4 went all out on it to the point where she sometimes looks like an enemy from Silent Hill:
        I think SFV has taken it further, though.

Comment

Imagine during around '93 whilst the world was sf mad . . . . and you were shown screens of this sfv . . . .youd think the future was gonna be some f'ed up place

Comment

Her small head doesn't bother me when she's in her original outfit. I think the puffiness of it helps hide things. When they started doing these sexy outfits and got her showing more skin the weirdness became apparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              It's nit-pick.
              Comment of the century

Comment

New fighter revealed as Rashid

Trailer should be out soon

Comment

Oh dear. Why does he have a price tag over his eye?

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Oh dear. Why does he have a price tag over his eye?
                    Heh, that's interesting - it shows that the character portraits aren't just flipped; they're actually different images.

Has that ever been the case in Street Fighter before?

Comment

Its over 9000

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Heh, that's interesting - it shows that the character portraits aren't just flipped; they're actually different images.

Has that ever been the case in Street Fighter before?
                        Well spotted. I have never noticed it in a SF game before but maybe this time they use the actual 3D character model rather than a still image?

Comment

Yeah.. Birdie had some horrible chain issues on his portrait at the character screen.

Comment

Aren't the 2 images just one character animation finishing before the other?

Also this looks a rip off of the new tekken 7 Arab character.

Before you geeks jump on your keyboards and remind me of all the character rip offs over the years I'm well aware of them already thanks very much!

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                              Also this looks a rip off of the new tekken 7 Arab character.

Before you geeks jump on your keyboards and remind me of all the character rip offs over the years I'm well aware of them already thanks very much!
                              I don't think it is. I means sure, I bet the idea of them having an Arab character is influenced by the positive response to Tekken's, but other than that, I don't think he looks much like him.

Comment

Trailers up, be warned... he has turbulent wind

Comment

Working...
                                X