No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks didn't realise it was next week, just so happens I have the 18th and 19th of work due to going to a midnight showing of the new Star Wars movie.

Akuma fits in better then I could have imagined, maybe Tekken v SF is still on the cards.

Comment

Been playing the latest beta and to be honest i am not having as much fun as i was before it seems a lot of stuff has been nerfed combo wise (Which is the part i find fun) and zangief and dhalsim are just not my type of characters (again because of the lack of combos)
      Last edited by eastyy; 26-12-2015, 12:57.

Comment

Only just found out that Laura is Sean's older sister.

Really hoping that Sean becomes a playable character in SFV somewhere down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          Only just found out that Laura is Sean's older sister.

Really hoping that Sean becomes a playable character in SFV somewhere down the line.
          A revamped Shaun (i.e one with more experience and a different look to the yellow gi) would be most welcome.

Comment

With just a few weeks to go I thought I better start looking for a arcade stick, still bugger all available. The few listed on Amazon are going for silly money. Ideally would like a TE Madcatz, the one I have for my 360 is still going strong.

Comment

There is a new TE for SF5 mate:

Similar RRP to the original TE as I recall, maybe 10 or 20 quid more.

Comment

Don't buy that one, it's for the XB1!

I think there's been some licensing issues for the new MCZ Chun-Li stick over here, but there are a couple of other there sticks on their store here - price is a little steep direct though. If you're open to the new-style Hori parts, this would be a good buy. There's a %5 off code floating about for there too.
                Last edited by fuse; 06-01-2016, 13:45.

Comment

Thanks guys. Think I would rather go with the Matdcartz since I really liked the old TE. I would have bought that TE on amazon in a heartbeat had it been for PS4, last thing I want is to take the day of on launch day and have no stick.

Also are there any pre order specials doing the round, I know in the US there are some exclusive outfits?

Comment

Game have the steelbook edition with Ryu outfit dlc.

Can old sticks not be utilised?

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                      Game have the steelbook edition with Ryu outfit dlc.

Can old sticks not be utilised?
                      Thanks. I understand that PS3 sticks can be used, although individual games need to support it, also the video I saw requires a little workaround like you need to have a PS4 controler plugged in. Can anyone confirm if it still works like that?

They want how much for this one!!! They want how much for this one!!!!! http://eustore.madcatz.com/mad-catz-...Station_2.html

Bit more reasonably priced at Game http://www.game.co.uk/en/street-figh...+5&catGroupId= can do a preorder and collect from Store. Still about ?50 more then I was hoping. At this rate the game and stick is going to cost as much as mu PS4. And it is likely the only game I will play on it.
                      Last edited by wargame; 06-01-2016, 18:48.

Comment

I've just bought a ps4 purely for this game, i'll be damned if i'm shelling out another ?200 on a stick, show me the fight pads, I love the xbox 360 fight pads, still have a couple that I use for 3rd strike

Actually the Alpha stick looks decent, I prefer the compact size.

Last edited by chojin; 07-01-2016, 04:06.

Comment

Thing that's really annoying me is the lack of compatibility with sticks (and wheels) across PS4 and Xbox One - they're USB devices, there's no reason they shouldn't work in both other than by the artificial restrictions put in by Sony and Microsoft.

Comment

Thing is to get the most out of this game you do need a stick, been using one since day one of SF4 so would struggle now with a pad. Having said that I remember paying ?150 foot the TE stick only to see it go for ?80 a few months after release.

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                              I've just bought a ps4 purely for this game, i'll be damned if i'm shelling out another ?200 on a stick, show me the fight pads, I love the xbox 360 fight pads, still have a couple that I use for 3rd strike

Actually the Alpha stick looks decent, I prefer the compact size.

How is that mini-stick? I used to love having my TE, but they don't half take up space.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                Thing that's really annoying me is the lack of compatibility with sticks (and wheels) across PS4 and Xbox One - they're USB devices, there's no reason they shouldn't work in both other than by the artificial restrictions put in by Sony and Microsoft.
                                Totally agree with you, its ridiculous you can't utilise USB across platforms. I have a perfectly good Xbox 360 TE stick that could be used.

That being said, i'm still going for the Alpha stick, I like the form factor, hopefully the components will be decent enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X