Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
    Anything from the Devolver showcase?

Very impressive! Reminds me that I've still got Titan Souls and Hotline Miami 2 to dedicate some time to.

Comment

Sony is letting people test PlayStation 4 firmware updates before they come out. It's running a beta program to test th…

Ps4 preview programme sign ups have started

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        I think that's quite possible Boris. My thinking was that it was developed for launch purely to have that all important parity with Microsoft for marketing - there must have been a worry that the Kinect 2 might actually be a big draw, and they'd need to have something to match it.

I don't think there was ever much intention to actually use it for anything.
        I still have a theory that Sony pulled the camera and went for the $399 price right at the last moment.
        This was how their E3 presentation went
        Slick

Well done graphics design team

Great Typography

THEN BOOM.
        If they had have rushed any faster they would have used Times New Roman as the font.

Comment

Meh, I don't know if this is normal. The PS4 fan is constantly firing up to annoying proportions at some points when playing MGSV. If this is normal, I think the build quality of this is not very high. The components are obviously heating up to abnormal levels to require such cooling power.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
            Meh, I don't know if this is normal. The PS4 fan is constantly firing up to annoying proportions at some points when playing MGSV. If this is normal, I think the build quality of this is not very high. The components are obviously heating up to abnormal levels to require such cooling power.
            Do you have a launch PS4 console? what's the revision of your PS4?

Comment

Phone Sony as it could be a manufacturing defect.

Several weeks ago, my PS4 was speeding up in F1 2015, Sony took it back & replaced it within a week. Now my PS4 outputs the same level of noise as a MacBook Pro when it's not under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
                Do you have a launch PS4 console? what's the revision of your PS4?
                Can't be a launch model, as I bought it last December. The sound is fine in the XMB-menu and when playing indie titles that aren't 3D-heavy (MMLC, Jamestown+) but yesterday it was really annoying to play MGSV as the volume of the fan gets really high and I can't hear people speak in-game. I've started to avoid getting games for the PS4 altogether for this reason. I'll call Playstation Support this week and ask what their policy is. It's still under warranty so I'd be happy to wait a month for it to be serviced if possible...

I'm sure the machine would function fine but I don't want to use headphones all the time to muffle the fan.

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                Phone Sony as it could be a manufacturing defect.

Several weeks ago, my PS4 was speeding up in F1 2015, Sony took it back & replaced it within a week. Now my PS4 outputs the same level of noise as a MacBook Pro when it's not under pressure.
                Better take care of it sooner or later. It's been annoying me for the good part of a year. Every time I do play, I'm returning to the internet to search for information about this 'problem' of mine. I just want to enjoy the gameplay...
                Last edited by danholo; 02-09-2015, 08:12.

Comment

My launch model is quiet, always has been. Get it sorted as it sounds faulty.

Comment

Just got my ps4, updates all done, waiting for mgs5 to arrive now

Can anyone recommend an increased capacity battery for the controller?
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 02-09-2015, 10:07.

Comment

the fans noise varies game to game - killzone was very loud and MGS V it is definitely louder than normal. Some games are very quiet.

All perfectly normal - i'd be concerned if they were silent
                      Last edited by dvdx2; 02-09-2015, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        My launch model is quiet, always has been. Get it sorted as it sounds faulty.
                        Same here. Launch model and it only gets loud on hot days and after 2+ hours of playing. But then again you can't really say it's very loud. Only a bit louder. I would say look into it. Have you ever dust it off with an air-spray can?

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
                          Same here. Launch model and it only gets loud on hot days and after 2+ hours of playing. But then again you can't really say it's very loud. Only a bit louder. I would say look into it. Have you ever dust it off with an air-spray can?
                          Nope. I'll try that though. It could be dusty inside, of course, but it's been loud since I got it. I'll get an air can today from work and airspray the thing.
                          Last edited by danholo; 02-09-2015, 10:31.

Comment

Hit it from all sides! By the way, I have a microfiber cloth (extra fine) for the HDD cover in order to wipe it carefully without making scratches.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Just got my ps4, updates all done, waiting for mgs5 to arrive now

Can anyone recommend an increased capacity battery for the controller?
                              Unplug the light bar inside the controller to save a chunk of battery. I think I may actually do this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Unplug the light bar inside the controller to save a chunk of battery. I think I may actually do this soon.
                                Can't you just turn that off? Plus isn't it required for any motion stuff or is that handled by a gyro still?

Comment

Working...
                                X