No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe you can turn it off in the menus no.

Motion stuff? No idea.

Comment

You can set it to 'Dim', but you can't turn it off. It's actually quite nice the way it changes colour in some games though.

For motion it uses the same tech as the Move, so there is a gyro inside to handle basic measurement of movement, then for Wiimote style pointing, the lightbar is tracked by the camera and that's used in conjuction with the gyro to sense where you're pointing it. You need the camera for that of course. I don't think that feature is actually by used anything except maybe that launch demo software 'The Playroom' currently though anyway.

Comment

you should really have an option to turn it off though - its an unnecessary was of energy for me

Comment

New firmware update,details. Mostly more social media pish and cloud saves. This is for the streamers: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...torage-to-10gb

Comment

Thank god for increased Cloud storage! Now they just need to implement better a save manager.

Comment

At last!

Stickers!

Comment

Yep, fed up of the 'can't upload' message.

On another note, is it relatively simple to transfer from one ps4 to another? Getting the 1TB model and selling mine to a mate.

Comment

Yeah, did it last night took around 30 minutes. Now trying to sell my old one.

Comment

Discover: "You can easily access your preferred power options."
                    If this constant notification is the only thing the upcoming update fixed, then I'd be very happy.

Comment

^ me too!! Although I'd also like to be able to disable friend suggestions. It's depressing seeing that ever-renewing rogue's gallery. Most of the ones I get seem to want to think they're gangsters. Also, folders would be nice, to tidy up the awful frontend.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        ^ me too!! Although I'd also like to be able to disable friend suggestions. It's depressing seeing that ever-renewing rogue's gallery. Most of the ones I get seem to want to think they're gangsters. Also, folders would be nice, to tidy up the awful frontend.
                        Ui is simply terrible. Utterly packed and entirely un obvious as to what anything does at all.

They turn over billions of dollars a year yet can't afford a decent ui & graphic designer to make a clean and obvious interface.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Ui is simply terrible. Utterly packed and entirely un obvious as to what anything does at all.

They turn over billions of dollars a year yet can't afford a decent ui & graphic designer to make a clean and obvious interface.
                          I guess corporations like Spotify slip em a few quid to keep their crap visible on the crossbar, so I doubt folders will ever arrive as you'd just have people like me shovelling all the unused garbage away.

Comment

VideoPhoto Credit: NeoGaf Releasing limited edition consoles for AAA releases is pretty par for the course these days: it gives fans of any particular series a reason to upgrade to a new machine, with the added bonus that a few committed collectors might pick up an extra console. They range from [...]

Somewhat anal, but the MGSV edition PS4 contains a misspelling on it's casing

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...s-with-a-typo/

Somewhat anal, but the MGSV edition PS4 contains a misspelling on it's casing
                              Found this quite funny that a designer wouldn't check the spelling of something that's on the periodic table, or maybe it was a bad translation from Jap, even still, bit of an oversight.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 04-09-2015, 08:08.

Comment

Is anyone else taking part in the beta - that also has a US PSN I.D. as well as their main UK one? Reason I ask is I bought a game on the US store last night and, despite selecting download on the web store, it isn't downloading to my PS4. I haven't had this problem before, so am assuming it's linked to me being in the beta scheme.

Comment

Working...
                                X