No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ms ballsed up the launch, historically PlayStation ends up with a large diverse array after games and it's the most powerful console. For your average gamer that's all they need to know. Might seem unfair if ms have better games lined up but there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      I just don't get why SONY is getting such a free ride and the PS4 is selling so great . Online the One is leagues ahead of the PS4 and now after being so amazing on the PS3, PS+ isn't a patch on the games were get for free with Gold . The PS4 front end is a bit crap, it's servers a bit of a joke (takes forever to download anything) and the games line up isn't that amazing . SONY had a basic E3, this years Toyko game show line up doesn't look hot and let ,it's selling like hotcakes.

Don't get me wrong Im really happy with my PS4 and just bought the new white Destiny one too (the best looking console I've had in years) . But to me the XBox is a far better games system at the moment as has a far better 2016 line up
      disagree with pretty much everything there. It takes way longer on the one to D/L (or even install games) on the one and the front end is so much easier to use on the ps4; the free stuff isnt too hot for either, but psn offers more choice, but the real difference is the video quality of some of the games - the full 1080p output of the ps4 really outshines some of the ones game conversions. The crew and Battlefield hardline come to mind.

Comment

I think you consider yourself lucky if you get a good download speed on psn

Comment

My ps4 is not bad but the ps3 is awful (download). Lots of people have poor downloads on ps. Everything pales in comparison to the free Steam service though which maxes an 80mbit connection!

Comment

Yeah...I disagree with everything TA said except the download/network stuff. PSN is truly awful most of the time for me. Even simple stuff like how many friends are online dont usually work properly.

They really should've sorted all these issues by now.

Comment

I deleted everyone on my friends list as I was sick of the notifications when watching Netflix etc. I never play games online anyway, I'm sure they'll get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                New controller colours for Japan

Want, want, want especially the Crystal one.

Also want the below cookout HDD cover plates from Japan. But strangely says on Eurogamer at Sony stores I have never seen a Sony store in Japan, does it mean Sony affiliated stores? Poss Yodobashi, Yamada or something?

@eurogamer: PlayStation 4 is getting changeable colour plates - http://t.co/4ykJrB8ThP http://t.co/fbNvRIaXuy
                Last edited by JU!; 15-09-2015, 18:06.

Comment

disagree with pretty much everything there. It takes way longer on the one to D/L (or even install games) on the one and the front end is so much easier to use on the ps4
                  To install a game sure, but for anything to download online SONY servers are beyond utter rubbish , even looking at a mates trophy list is a chore . Hate the PS4 front end too and the PS4 controller isn't that great . I've played battlefield on both my systems and the 1080P output is overstated 'for me' . Tomb Raider was the one game where the One versions of very much 2nd best .

Game wise I just thing MS are much better OnLine and have more games to look forward too

Comment

sony TGS PC

i really like the look of Gravity Daze PS4 and 13 Sentinals(1hr20mins in)
                    Last edited by Tobal; 15-09-2015, 19:06.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                      That's why I didn't download the beta
                      I've got two Hong Kong games as well as US stuff.
                      Another member confirmed his US games are locked out.
                      I can play US games already installed on my HDD, but I can't download anything already not on it.

Comment

Maybe worth logging into the US account, setting the system as the primary PS4 for it again and restoring licenses. My US downloads seem to be running fine on my UK account. Maybe a firmware update threw the licenses off

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          I deleted everyone on my friends list as I was sick of the notifications when watching Netflix etc. I never play games online anyway, I'm sure they'll get over it.
                          Turning off notifications would have worked just as well

Comment

Originally posted by BaronSqwelch View Post
                            Turning off notifications would have worked just as well
                            Notification management is much improved on ps4 thank the playstation gods.

Comment

I couldn't see the setting, so it was a rage deletion massacre. Quite freeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                I couldn't see the setting, so it was a rage deletion massacre. Quite freeing.
                                It's deceptively difficult to find, to be fair: 'Notifications' directly under 'Settings'.

Comment

Working...
                                X