X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You lost me after notifications, Golgo?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      disagree with pretty much everything there. It takes way longer on the one to D/L (or even install games) on the one and the front end is so much easier to use on the ps4; the free stuff isnt too hot for either, but psn offers more choice
      PSN download speeds are around 1/3 of the speed of the downloads via live on my connection. The front end should be easier to use on PS4 as all they've done is adapted a simple menu from their TV range. Hence why it's lacking in features and decent updates.

It only offers more choice if you also have a PS3 and a Vita. Xbox Live is half the price and will soon add the 360 backwards compat titles as immediately playable from November too so that's four titles for about ?1.50 per month.

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      but the real difference is the video quality of some of the games - the full 1080p output of the ps4 really outshines some of the ones game conversions. The crew and Battlefield hardline come to mind.
      You should try looking again as The Crew is 1080p on both the Xbox One and PS4 and Battlefield Hardline is 900p on PS4.

Comment

CONSOLE WARS

Comment

Nope just corrections.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
            It's deceptively difficult to find, to be fair: 'Notifications' directly under 'Settings'.
            Totally hidden

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              I deleted everyone on my friends list as I was sick of the notifications when watching Netflix etc. I never play games online anyway, I'm sure they'll get over it.
              You'll be sorry when the Christmas card doesn't show up.

Comment

I could only read that you were playing FF so many times big guy.

Katsujinken was the worst - Log in, log out, log in, log out, log in, log out.........................

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                  PSN download speeds are around 1/3 of the speed of the downloads via live on my connection. The front end should be easier to use on PS4 as all they've done is adapted a simple menu from their TV range. Hence why it's lacking in features and decent updates.

It only offers more choice if you also have a PS3 and a Vita. Xbox Live is half the price and will soon add the 360 backwards compat titles as immediately playable from November too so that's four titles for about ?1.50 per month.

You should try looking again as The Crew is 1080p on both the Xbox One and PS4 and Battlefield Hardline is 900p on PS4.
                  Having played both games both consoles, the ps4 versions look better.

from eurogamer face off's (for what its worth, as i let my eyes make the decision)

RE: Battlefield Hardline 'That said the 720p/900p resolution divide, where image quality favours Sony's platform,'

RE: The crew - 'PS4 owners get better image quality most of the time '

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    CONSOLE WARS
                    lol -Not interested in console wars, just the best image, as i own both

Comment

Just joking around.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        Maybe worth logging into the US account, setting the system as the primary PS4 for it again and restoring licenses. My US downloads seem to be running fine on my UK account. Maybe a firmware update threw the licenses off
                        Thanks - that worked!

Comment

I'm enjoying the non-hysterical chat on here, boys. It's not like the fanboy talk when we were on the playground.
                          I think you come to a point where it's probably more productive to be honest about your purchases rather than blindly defend them!

I'm with Team Andromeda and am a little confused by the ridiculous margin PS4 has and continues to make (it outsold the One by 2 to 1 last quarter). It must be the momentum the console had from the launch E3.

I have neither machine (appreciate the comments from owners of both for comparison), so I regularly play the mental game of "which console would I buy?"

Godzilla is a dud, Everyone has gone to the Rapture is meh and can I really stomach doing EDF again?
                          I still like the look of Horizon: Zero Dawn and No Man's Sky is looking more and more interesting.

I have a couple of friends who've taken the plunge on a PS4 so there's a possibility of game swapping with them.

I had (and still am having) a blast with the 360, so I'm still tempted by the One.
                          If only they hadn't done that awful anti-consumer E3 presentation.
                          Always online, no second-hand games, no borrowed games, no backwards compatibility, Kinect required etc.

I wonder how they would have competed if they had released the console they have now...

EDIT: I should probably say that the One is not a flop and is doing better than the 360 at this point, but it's still lagging behind.

Plenty of people are buying them. I think I'm the only person on my friends list with a 360!
                          Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-09-2015, 15:44.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            can I really stomach doing EDF again?
                            Course you can.

Comment

UPDATE 22nd September 2015: Sony has told Eurogamer the release of the Uncharted bundles does not mean an official pric…

Uncharted Collections release will also see PS4 get a ?50 rrp reduction

Comment

How long does it take to dl on ps4
                                picked one up today and installing drive club 11gig update. Which has been going since 12pm ish and is at 7gig
                                not that rapid!!
                                Im on infinity 2 so plenty fast, X1 is way quicker than this?
                                im on wifi if that makes any difference for PS4. I could try a network cable if I had a spare one
                                maybe I will once I get round to Until Dawn

Comment

Working...
                                X