Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    When I finally play it, I'll let you know (and give you the design if possible) but right now I have too much with school.
    Thanks for the offer kryss, just to let you know I gambled on being able to access the PDF without needing a PS4, and I could.

Just put the DLC code in on my PS3's US account, then checked the Tearaway.me page for that profile and bingo, two new papercraft unlocked.

Too bad I can't d/l the soundtrack, but I guess I will eventually own a PS4 one day.

Comment

Ah okay. Glad it worked out!

Comment

Gravity Rush 2, the PS4-exclusive sequel to the Vita-exclusive open-world platformer, has been detailed in some new foo…

Gravity Rush 2 has been shown off properly with some gameplay:

Comment

Sony has announced Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, a spin-off from the PS4 horror adventure coming exclusively to PlayStatio…

Also Until Dawn: Rush of Blood is coming just for PSVR. Seems to be making a VR shooter out of the assets.

Comment

I've shamefully stolen this from the Playstation blog, but thought it was worth posting.
            I've hidden the videos just to make it neater to read.

21 must-watch trailers from Paris Games Week 2015

1. Detroit: Your very first look at the stunning new PS4 exclusive from Heavy Rain/Beyond: Two Souls studio Quantic Dream. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            2. Uncharted 4: A Thief?s End: Naughty Dog took to the stage to detail its plans for Uncharted 4?s multiplayer component. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            3. Gran Turismo Sports: Polyphony Digital?s Kazunori Yamauchi unveils the first PS4 entry in the iconic PlayStation racing franchise. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            4. Tekken 7: On a great night for fighting fans, Katushiro Harada announced a keenly awaited new entry in the long running series. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            5. Street Fighter V: Capcom?s Yoshinori Ono reveals a new addition to the roster and a release date for the upcoming PS4 sequel. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            6. Dreams: Media Molecule followed through on its E3 promise to delve into the details of its tantalising new PS4 game with a fascinating on*stage gameplay demonstration. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            7. Until Dawn: A Rush of Blood: Just one of a number of big PlayStation VR titles on show, the team behind the hit PS4 horror take the wraps off its upcoming ghost train arcade shooter, set in the Until Dawn universe. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            8. Robinson: The Journey: Crysis studio Crytek presents its own VR project; an immersive adventure set on a mysterious ? and treacherous ? alien planet. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            9. MatterFall: Resogun studio Housemarque returns in glorious fashion, with a brand new action title for PS4. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            10. Driveclub Bikes: Surprise! Evolution Studios unveils a brand new superbike expansion for its hit racer ? and it?s available right now on PlayStation Store. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            11. WiLD: At Gamescom 2014 you got your first glimpse of WiLD ? a PS4 exclusive from Wild Sheep, the new team started by Rayman and Beyond Good & Evil creator Michel Ancel. And at PGW this year, Michel debuted gameplay footage for the first time. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            12. No Man?s Sky: Hello Games? feverishly anticipated space exploration epic now has a release date ? and a fantastic new trailer. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            13. Boundless: And if exploring enormous open worlds is your thing, this hugely ambitious project from Wonderstruck is another one to keep an eye on. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            14. RIGS: Mechanized Combat League: Guerrilla Cambridge showcases a brand new stage from its breathlessly exciting new VR team shooter. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            15. Horizon Zero Dawn: And parent studio Guerrilla Games talks us through a new chunk of gameplay from its open word adventure, following a great reception at E3. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            16. Avicii: Vector: The superstar EDM icon used our stage at Paris Games Week to unveil his first foray into videogames, with an fresh new take on the music game genre. Check it out. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            17. Ratchet & Clank: Time for a new trailer for Insomniac Games? return to its platforming series? roots and what a feast for the eyes it is. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            18. Gravity Rush 2: It was an absolute pleasure to see creator Toyama*san debut new gameplay footage from the upcoming sequel to Kat?s memorable 2012 adventure. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]
            19. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3: Your first look at The Giant map in this year?s ever popular Zombies mode.
              [hide][/hide]
            20. Star Wars: Battlefront: Is it possible to be any more excited for this game. As it turns out, yes. Check out the magnificent new trailer that debuted at PGW.
              [hide][/hide]
            21. Battleborn: PlayStation gamers will be the first to gain access to the upcoming beta for the new shooter from the team behind Borderlands. Whet your appetite with a new trailer. Find out more?
              [hide][/hide]

Comment

Some promising stuff there.

Comment

Thanks QC, nicely formatted too.

T7 and GT for me. Pity neither game has giant spiders but you can't have it all.

Comment

Gearbox have signed me up for their forum apparently...hopefully that means I've got into the Battleborn beta.

Comment

The official PS4 remote is out now. It's not much benefit if you already have a HDMI-CEC setup though.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

About damn time.

Shame they do all this licensing stuff nowadays though, think I'll stick with the PS3 for media.

Comment

Both the PS3 remotes were licensed too.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          The official PS4 remote is out now. It's not much benefit if you already have a HDMI-CEC setup though.
                          Can you switch on a PS4 via HDMI_CEC?

Comment

I switch on my PS4, TV and 7.1 by pressing the PS button on my DS4 if I intend to play a game. If I intend to watch Netflix, I have set it so that by pressing the Netflix button on my TV remote control, it switches on the PS4 and boots into the Netflix app instead of using the one built into the TV.

All of my stuff is Sony though, and I gather that Sony limits HDMI-CEC to only work with Sony items. I'm not sure about if the PS4 is included in that limit (I think it is), but you you can't have a Sony TV and a Panasonic amp for example.
                            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 30-10-2015, 13:23.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

But then I'd have to switch off the ds4 to not drain it and the ds4 would just be there, hanging around. I use my ps3 for Netflix still because I like the bd remote and I don't have to get the ds3 out. I'll try this hdmi control out, see if it can turn all my devices on somehow.

Comment

You can switch on the PS4 with the TV remote. It's under the external connections list. Player 1 is PS4 and Player 2 is PS Vita TV. I've just checked and unless all your goods are Sony, they won't speak to each other unless you are using a universal remote.

"BRAVIA™ Sync (Control for HDMI) is a feature that enables interoperability of connected devices using the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) specification, which is part of the HDMI specification. This feature is available only on Sony devices that support Control for HDMI."
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X