No announcement yet.

Trading forums and stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a tag system or something that can be used for posts, Charles? So let's say you merged Retro and Import gaming into one board, or even merged them with General Gaming, if someone wanted to check just Import posts, could posts be tagged to just show those?

What I'm thinking is that the Import board has been quiet enough to seem to warrant being lumped in with something else. But the huge downside is that, if anyone actually wants to find import posts, it would get much more difficult among retro or other posts.

Comment

I'm looking into bulk tagging.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        There are few sales threads of note because there are so few posters nowadays.

This forum has declined more than any other I've ever used.
        I have to agree, things have never been the same since before the whole NTSC-UK VS GHZ spilt debacle.

After Saur left things went in decline, and it's not just about Saur or whatever, what made this forum great back in the day was the thirving import culture and insane sales threads. And don't even get me started in off topic!

I like it here still, but many great characters have either left or got banned and it's just not as fun anymore.

Anyone remember Snowman and the American Woman? They were craaaaaaazy.

Comment

Who is this Saur person?

Comment

Saurians youtube channel here
            Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Who is this Saur person?

Comment

I don't miss those days. I miss individuals and it was messy business and I didn't like it and I was vocal about it at the time. But a lot of things changed afterwards, not least of which was Charles taking the reigns, and everyone still here (and new since then) all chilled out to such a lovely level. As has been mentioned here by others, there is discussion possible here that would be a mess of insults, name-calling, and meme gifs elsewhere. If having a low active membership is the price for that, I'm happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                I can hide the article comments section - new comments will still appear in "new posts". Actually on the forum structure - I never really noticed, because I only use "latest posts". Maybe this means that for me, the forum would work fine as one giant forum folder for everything (apart from trading area).....
                It would be worth you typing "bordersdown.net" into an incognito window just to see what new people see and try and get an idea of their experience. Like, you might not be aware of the totally obnoxious "JOIN THE SITE" pop-up which obscures some of the content. It may be minor but it's one of those ugly things people see on a website and just click away. You only get one chance for a first impression and all that and ours is a bit nagging.

Try it on a mobile as well. The mobile experience is pretty horrific. Not sure what an iPad defaults to but if it's the mobile skin then you're probably losing people because of that.

Comment

On a serious note, I joined thirteen years ago. Which is pretty crazy, time flies by. And back then the importing scene was still very big, it's a real shame that this Forum has seen a decline for the reasons others have said, this used to be focused on the importing niche, but now that's gone I'm not sure what can really replace it.

I like that I can come here and and see people here I've known for over ten years, but the gaming discussions and import chat isn't what it once was, so I don't really feel the need to post as much.

I will say this though, apart from a few arguments on here every now and then, at least this isn't like GameFAQS or NeoGAF. Maybe we could forgive and forget and look at merging with GHZ? That would certainly bring back allot of old members and make the place more active again? Surely enough years have passed for us to stop being enraged at each other?

Comment

Actually on the forum structure - I never really noticed, because I only use "latest posts". Maybe this means that for me, the forum would work fine as one giant forum folder for everything (apart from trading area).....
                    I always use the "latest posts" too, unless I'm searching for something in particular. I like the idea of tags.

I used to be a lot more active on here but then I stopped gaming for a few years. Now that I'm getting back into online gaming (EDF! EDF!) it's great to be able to catch up with some NTSCers from the past as well as meet some new ones.

Also, I have an NTSC J and U 360, accessories and loads of games that are just packed away in boxes. Is there still a market for that sort of stuff?
                    Last edited by Paulos G; 27-02-2016, 11:07. Reason: Mentioned 360 stuff.

Comment

One way to find out. Sale forum.

Comment

What do you say we all do a big clear out? Really get the trading forum kick-started again?

Comment

There are plans in place for the entire site...
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

One way to find out. Sale forum.
                            Heh. I had thought of that. That would require effort though!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                              Heh. I had thought of that. That would require effort though!
                              I just individually priced up 400 games. Effort schmeffort!
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I have:
                                • Installed a new mobile style. Please test!
                                • Rearranged the forums so that game discussion is at the top
                                • Made the content of the trade folders visible to guests - newly registered people cannot post new threads. So they can buy but not sell. I understand this might not be a popular decision, but hopefully it will encourage people to register.
                                • Removed most of the text in the floating cookies notification and changed it to 300 day expiration. Need to have some sort of cookie notification for EU law.

Feedback please.

Comment

Working...
                                X