Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI - By the looks Shopto is transferring all of its Interest Registers to live Preorders, mine now says I have it and Miles Morales preordered with the right date etc

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      So much for Sony believing in generations. Spider-man, Horizon West and Sackboy are cross gen.
      Saw this. Buy the digital PS4 versions for a free PS5 digital upgrade. Save a bit of cash.

Makes a mockery of the PS5 software pricing.

Comment

So it's been covered above, but I'm astonished at how many of the PS5 games are coming to PS4, and seemingly without any delay. PlayStation Japan announced it here:

プレイステーション®5は11月12日(木)に発売決定。価格はデジタル・エディションが希望小売価格39,980円+税、ディスクドライブを備えたモデルが希望小売価格49,980円+税。

Originally posted by PlayStation Japan blog
        "Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales", "Libitz! "Big Adventure" and "Horizon Forbidden West" are made by taking advantage of the performance of PS5's ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense wireless controller, but we are preparing to enjoy it on PS4, and the PS5 version will be released. At the same time, PS4 version will be released. If you purchase the PS4 version of these titles, you can upgrade to the PS5 version (with a disk drive) for free (* 3).
        ('Libitz!' seems to be the machine translation of Sackboy)

Seems like Microsoft's cross-generation strategy was actually being duplicated by Sony - just very, very quietly indeed.

You can't help but wonder if Demon's Souls and Ragnarok will be getting PS4 announcements too.

There's been a lot of fretting about Microsoft holding back next gen development by insisting everything worked with the original Bone, when Sony were beavering away on the exact same thing!

Of note is that it doesn't seem Ratchet and Clank will be coming to PS4 - possibly vindicating the idea that its rift mechanic really is only possible thanks to the SSD.

Looks like though, for the most part, we're going to be waiting till 2022 or so before we really see other truly next gen exclusive games.

Is it good news? Bad news? What do people think?

For me, I think it's a shame, because I think it's going to undeniably have had an impact on the development. It's definitely an indication that we're going to be playing upgraded PS4 titles when we play these, and no more.

Comment

Shopto's site still says Register Interest but they've added Pre-order above it in green too so it looks like they're taking them now. I registered mine in July so fingers crossed

(F5's other sites frantically)

Comment

Spiderman & sackboy i can see. Forbidden west has to be a cockup from Sony japan though.

Comment

The Demon's Souls trailer actually said this at the end:

And then Sony took the video down.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Spiderman & sackboy i can see. Forbidden west has to be a cockup from Sony japan though.
                Mate, I think you're in genuine denial here

Certainly would be a lot of slips of the keyboard from Sony today, all of them oddly pertaining to releases on the PS4 and PC of their new games.

Comment

GAME preorders open now

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    Shopto's site still says Register Interest but they've added Pre-order above it in green too so it looks like they're taking them now. I registered mine in July so fingers crossed

(F5's other sites frantically)
                    Just checked and I can't tell whether it's a preorder an interest registration on Shopto! It's confusing.

Ughhh should I just wait for the morning?!

*F5ing intensifies*

Comment

Smyths Toys as well

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Just checked and I can't tell whether it's a preorder an interest registration on Shopto! It's confusing.

Ughhh should I just wait for the morning?!

*F5ing intensifies*
                        It says that but it's being logged by Shopto as a preorder in the backend

Comment

Looks like Game has crashed, though i cannot confirm but it looks as though they are asking for the full amount upfront.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                              Looks like Game has crashed, though i cannot confirm but it looks as though they are asking for the full amount upfront.
                              Got my pre order in with game. Can confirm there asking for full amount, payment taken 7 days before launch date it said on confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Obviously. All the pc and xbox people loosing their s**t on Resetera thinking their getting it day 1 alongside PS5, honestly.

Comment

Working...
                                X